|Network Engineer / LAN Load Balancer - Newark, DE|
|Organization: Computer Sciences Corporation|
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains data, voice or video network hardware and systems; investigates and resolves network and hardware matters of significance; researches, analyzes, isolates and resolves errors; assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Provides technical support on data, voice or video networks for internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions; recommends and implements approved course of action. Provides technical leadership for data or voice network problem escalation and resolution.
- Installs and maintains network facilities, including hardware, software, and system data for small to medium sized networks. Installs network applications on network servers or voice equipment; maintains, tests, researches and resolves problems. Determines appropriate standard testing routines or scripts; may test various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, hubs or optical equipment, or multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, private branch exchanges (PBX), voice mail, and call management system, etc. for maintenance.
- Designs, implements and maintains various networks such as LAN, WAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements. Prepares data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Performs data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Prepares routine proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements. Prepares routine cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in data, voice or video networks
- Experience working with local area network systems and technical infrastructure communication issues
- Experience working with network systems and networking principles, data, voice or video
- Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice or video
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server)
2+ years of Cisco and Brocade LAN switching experience required.
2+ years of LAN/WAN routing experience required.
2+ years of structured cabling technologies and implementation required.
2+ years of hardware-based Application Load Balancing experience required.
2+ years of problem project based work and problem resolution.
Based on the nature of this position, our client requires a U. S. Citizen.
- Position is on-site in Newark, DE.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Skilled in time, priority and task management
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Leadership skills to assist less experienced personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with technical problems
- Willingness to travel
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Information, Technology & Communication Services|
15330 Little Egypt RD|
Country: UNITED STATES
| Trade and Technical|
Negotiable / DOQ