$41.15/ Per Hour
The City of Danbury is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner to work as part of a team providing health and mental health care services within the school based health center.
Please carefully read this entire important announcement
The City of Danbury will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of sex, race, color, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, or disability, except where it is a bona fide occupational qualification. We encourage African Americans, women, Hispanics, and other minorities who meet the minimum qualifications to apply.
The following information is only a general description of the recruitment and hiring process and is not all-inclusive. Please note that any and/or all of the components of this process may be changed by the City of Danbury with or without notice. Additionally, the City of Danbury reserves the right to modify the order sequence of testing as may be appropriate.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Works under the supervision of Medical Director with regard to Clinical matters; and under the Clinical Coordinator with regard to all administrative matters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses plans and evaluates the medical care process using high level of expertise and independence.
- Provides health care to clients using increasingly complex methods of intervention.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of clinical care provided to clients.
- Consults with and/or leads members of interdisciplinary teams and community representatives to assess, plan, implement and evaluate health services.
- Provides leadership in the delivery of quality care.
- Assists in the establishment of criteria for monitoring of standards of direct client care.
- Administers and prescribes medications.
- Performs related work as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must hold an APRN License from the State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health and Addiction Services.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of nursing, treatment modalities and concepts.
- Considerable knowledge of the dynamics of behavior at the individual, family and group levels.
- Knowledge of research methodology.
- Considerable oral and written communication skills.
- Must have teaching ability.
- Must have experience working with adolescent student population.
- May be required to travel within the community in the course of their daily work.
- May be asked to travel both in-state and/or out-of-state to attend professional enrichment workshops.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
The application must be completed in its entirety. Omissions, false, misleading or inaccurate information will result in rejection of the application. This position will remain open until filled.
Please contact the Human Resources/Civil Service Department at (203) 797-4598or email@example.com if you need assistance or if you have any general questions.
Application for Employment