|Organization: Helix Water District|
HELIX WATER DISTRICT in La Mesa, CA (located in East San Diego County), is seeking an experienced, progressive, leader to join the Construction team as a Construction Supervisor. This exempt position will work out of the District’s Operations Center, and is located in El Cajon, just 15 miles east of downtown San Diego.
The Construction Supervisor plans, organizes, and manages the work of 6 direct reports and 14 indirect team members in the areas of administrative staff, skilled crafts and multiple crews engaged in the construction, maintenance, repair and servicing of the water transmission and distribution system’s mains, service lines, specialized valves, and related facilities and appurtenances. This person performs a leadership role in setting goals and objectives, strategic direction, coaching and counseling within the Construction section.
Examples of Duties:
- Develops short and long range goals for the section.
- Supervises and coaches Utility Crew Supervisors and provides leadership and direction.
- Evaluates staff performance and establishes performance standards and goals.
- Participates in and develops recommendations for current and future operations, distribution and customer service needs.
- Participates in the selection and training of assigned personnel.
- Identifies inefficiencies or opportunities for improved business processes and collaboratively works toward successful change and/or implementation.
- Training and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university that will provide candidate with supervisory, analytical, communication, and computer skills necessary to perform the tasks required.
- Six years of experience in the construction or maintenance of a water distribution system or closely related field, five years at which are at advanced journey-level with increasing responsibility utilizing technical applications in the maintenance of a water distribution system or closely related field. Three years of supervisory and administrative experience required.
- State of California Water Distribution Operator’s Certificate, Grade IV, or the ability to obtain within four years of hire date.
- Ability to motivate, coach, evaluate and provide guidance to staff.
- Knowledge of methods, practices, techniques, tools and equipment used in the construction, maintenance, and repair of a large water distribution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possession of a valid California Driver License or ability to obtain.
A completed Helix Water District employment application, supplemental application & driving questionnaire are required.
How to Get an Application/Apply:
In person: 7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA
Telephone: (619) 667-6281
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Administration & Management|
Public Works & Engineering
Water / Wastewater Treatment
1233 Vernon Way|
City: El Cajon
Country: UNITED STATES
$82,728.00 to $105,576.00 Annually
Negotiable / DOQ