|Clinical Social Worker II / Marriage and Family Therapist II|
|Organization: COUNTY OF ORANGE, SOCIAL SERVICES AGENCY|
This recruitment is open continuous and can close at any time once the business needs of the Department have been met. Please apply immediately.
This recruitment is being held to establish an Eligible List to fill vacancies in this class until the next recruitment.
Correctional Health Services
This program provides medical and mental health services to an adult inmate population housed within five separate correctional facilities. The program is staffed with dedicated professionals who are committed to providing quality health care to inmates in a 24 hour locked facility environment.
Incumbents may in the course of providing routine or emergency nursing services be exposed to patients who are unresponsive, hostile or at risk and must exercise social skills in eliciting information necessary for the purpose of evaluating symptoms and determining appropriate treatments or referrals.
- Provide direct casework, psychotherapy and group therapy for patients or clients; secures and evaluates patients or clients medical or psychosocial data such as behavior patterns, use of defense mechanisms and family relationships; analyzes factors which exert an adverse effect upon health problems, treatment, recovery, contribute to or are responsible for mental illness or affect the potential for rehabilitation.
- Interprets the social aspects of physical or mental illness to clients, patients, relatives, other social work staff and interested persons or agencies.
- Assists patients, clients and relatives in understanding physical or mental health problems and their reaction to them, accepting the need for treatment, working toward the solution of problems and stresses interfering with treatment or social functioning, modifying unrealistic attitudes and strengthening patients or clients effort toward satisfactory adjustments; works with family and significant others towards gaining their acceptance of treatment/follow up recommendations and to encourage compliance.
- Participates as a member of a clinical team and interprets psychosocial data to team members for use in diagnosis and treatment; participates on committees, in meetings and conferences, may participate in research projects, and provides guidance regarding appropriate social-psycho practices and services.
- Makes referrals to other community resources for continued or more intensive casework care upon release from custody.
- Prepares reports and correspondence on patients or clients evaluation and status and makes case recommendations.
Clinical Social Worker II
- Possession of a master's degree from an accredited school or department of social work.
- Possession of a valid license as a Clinical Social Worker issued by the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners.
- Possession of a valid California Driver License is required for most positions.
Marriage Family Therapist II
- Possession of a valid license to practice as a Marriage and Family Therapist issued by the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Possession of a valid California Driver License, Class 3 or higher, may be required for some positions.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE: A CPR certificate by date of hire
- Must be able to pass and maintain extensive OCSD (Orange County Sheriff's Department) security background clearance. A comprehensive background check will be performed by the Sheriff's Department prior to appointment. (Background check includes: Professional References, Criminal History, Employment Record plus other areas.)
- The institution is a 24 hour, 7 day a week facility, candidate must be able to work on weekends, evenings or night shift and holidays.
|Clinical Social Worker II / Marriage and Family Therapist II Supplemental Questionnaire
||Please describe any clinical experience you have had in working with the severely and chronically mentally ill.The information you provide will be used as a scoring device, be descriptive in your response - NOTE: "See Resume" is not a qualifying response and will not be scored. If you have no experience, write "no experience."
||Please describe any clinical experience you have had in working with substance dependence--including signs and symptoms of alcohol/drug withdrawal..The information you provide will be used as a scoring device, be descriptive in your response - NOTE: "See Resume" is not a qualifying response and will not be scored. If you have no experience, write "no experience."
||Please describe any clinical experience you have had in working with clients who may have had an Axis II diagnosis or at least exhibited some traits..The information you provide will be used as a scoring device, be descriptive in your response - NOTE: "See Resume" is not a qualifying response and will not be scored. If you have no experience, write "no experience."
||Please describe any correctional work experience. If none, please describe any experience working collaboratively with other agencies (i.e. probation, parole, social services etc.).The information you provide will be used as a scoring device, be descriptive in your response - NOTE: "See Resume" is not a qualifying response and will not be scored. If you have no experience, write "no experience."
||Please indicate your registration type with the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences.
|| Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (MFT)
||Please enter your registration/license number for verification.
|* Required Question
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
- To apply, click on the "Apply" link located at the top of this announcement.
- Only online applications will be accepted. You may attach your resume to your application.
- The primary mode of communication is via email. Please verify that your email address is correct and complete. Please do not list more than 1 email address, if you do notices may not be sent to your address.***User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions you apply for.***
- For specific information regarding this recruitment, please contact Marivel Chang by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone 714-834-2766.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Frequently Asked Questions
Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages
applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
333 W. Santa Ana Blvd,
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Human and Social Services|
888 N. MAIN STREET|
City: SANTA ANA
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$ 24.86 to $ 33.53 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|