|Code Enforcement Officer|
|Organization: CITY OF PALMETTO|
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of technical duties in support of the City’s local code enforcement program; monitors and enforces a variety of applicable ordinances, codes, and regulations related to zoning, land use, nuisance housing, building codes, health and safety, blight, graffiti, water waste, and other matters of public concern; and serves as a resource and provides information on City regulations to property owners, residents, businesses, the general public, and other City departments and divisions.
- Patrols and inspects all areas of the City for violations of local and state codes.
- Responds to complaints of potential code violations.
- Conducts field investigations of potential violations.
- Meets with owners, tenants, contractors, developers, businesses, etc. to review and explain code requirements and violations.
- Drafts and distributes a variety of correspondence, and reports relating to code enforcement issues and actions. Prepares concise, detailed reports of violation for presentation to the Code Enforcement Board or the Courts.
- Some knowledge of code enforcement principles, practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, standards and regulations relating to various land use, nuisance and public safety codes
- Ability to prepare, organize and maintain inspection field data, reports and system
- Ability to analyze complex situations, problems and data, and use sound judgment in drawing conclusions and making decisions
- Ability to comprehend and articulate complex facts and relationships in detail and to summarize and write clearly, concisely and legibly, and to testify in court in an objective, concise, and professional manner
Must possess a valid State driver's license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
Position requires some weekend work associated with monitoring unpermitted activities within the City limits.
Required to attend Code Enforcement Board Meeting once per month. This meeting occurs after normal work hours and is generally from 6-7pm on the last Tuesday of the month.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and employment application via email to the Human Resource Director, at email@example.com or you may deliver it to City Hall, 516 8th Ave West Palmetto, FL 34221 ATTN: Human Resources
- Employment applications may be printed from our website at www.palmettofl.org, or you may pick up applications at the City of Palmetto Human Resource Dept., 516 8th Av. W. Palmetto, Fl. 34221. Resumes will be accepted only with a completed City of Palmetto General Employee Application.
- All applications will become public documents under Florida Law. The City of Palmetto is a EOE/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Please contact the Human Resources Director, Sharon Jones at 941.723.4570 with any questions.
- Deadline OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Administration & Management|
PO BOX 1209|
516 8th Ave. W.
Country: UNITED STATES