|Environmental Control Specialist|
|Organization: Hinds County, MS|
This is a specialized, skilled position responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of the latest technology in environmental control systems. The incumbent insures the most economical operation of equipment, using the Energy Management Panel, and performs minor repairs on electrical and mechanical equipment when practical. The incumbent determines environmental equipment needs in existing and new buildings. Supervises maintenance technicians assigned as assistants. General supervision is received from the Assistant Maintenance Director.
Performs continuous maintenance checks and servicing of multi-million dollar inventory of equipment. Supervises and directs HVAC Specialist doing trouble- shooting & maintenance of highly technical equipment.
The following are examples of work performed for positions in this job class, and are not intended to reflect the essential functions of any one position. The essential functions of each individual position are determined and maintained by each individual department.
- Maintains equipment manuals current.
- Performs continuous maintenance checks and servicing of multi-million dollar inventory of equipment.
- Controls environment in county buildings which has equipment operated by an Energy Management Panel
- Insures technologically advanced equipment operates at peak efficiency.
- Answers calls relative to environmental problems in county buildings.
- Supervises and directs HVAC Specialists doing trouble-shooting and maintenance of highly technical equipment.
- Maintains working knowledge of proper procedures for using toxic chemicals related to environmental control equipment.
- Serves as technical advisor on all HVAC and related equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and ten (10) years experience with five (5) years experience in maintenance and repair of large tonage (minimum 100 tones) HVAC equipment.
- Education above high school may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis
andCopies of training certificates and/or transcripts are required to document qualifications.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To download and print the Hinds County Employment Application, simply click the application link. You must print, complete the form, sign, and return the application to your nearest WIN JOB CENTER.
We DO NOT accept emailed copies of the application.
Metro area WIN JOB CENTER addresses are:
|Hinds County WIN Job Center
5959 I 55 North Frontage Road
Jackson MS 39206
|Madison County WIN Job Center
152 Watford Park Way Drive
Canton MS 39046
|Pearl WIN Job Center
212 Saint Paul Street
Pearl MS 39208
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Public Works & Engineering|
Planning & Building Safety
P.O. Box 686|
Country: UNITED STATES
| Trade and Technical|
$ 1958.44 Monthly
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM