|Organization: County of Santa Barbara|
Santa Barbara County government is a service-oriented organization with an approximate $828 million budget, 20 departments, and a workforce of approximately 3,600 employees dedicated to providing quality services to a diverse population of 425,000. The region is one of the most beautiful areas in California. The County of Santa Barbara hugs the southern California coastline and is 100 miles northwest of Los Angeles and adjacent to San Luis Obispo and Ventura counties. The County has 110 miles of coastline and, one-third of our County includes the Los Padres National Forest. The County is well-known for its mild climate, picturesque coastline, scenic mountains and numerous parks and beaches and is a great place to work, live and play.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work on countywide security solutions as part of the central IT team. This position reports to the Senior Security Engineer and supports over 100 other Information Technology professionals, in 20 different departments located throughout the County and in 100 different physical locations; with some very remote.
As a Security Engineer your responsibilities include the provision of reliable security services, including firewall appliances, management tools, logging and auditing services, VPN solutions, remote connectivity, mobility, rule based inspection, intruder detection and prevention, incident response, and the provision of security zones in support of defense in depth methodologies. All supporting systems are included under this umbrella; Checkpoint, Cisco and Microsoft firewall appliances, NetMotion, SSL/NE, SecuRemote, VPN appliances, PKI, McAfee and others.
We need a skilled and savvy security professional capable of exploring the customer’s business requirements, providing recommendations, evaluating risk and helping the customer weight those risks to make decisions. You will apply your strong knowledge of industry standards and best practices in systems security, but balance this with the departmental business needs. We are looking for someone to bring in new and creative ideas to take us to the next level of innovation.
General Services provides a full range of services, guidance and expertise that enables County government to deliver public services effectively. Our services include County Architect, Facility Maintenance, Purchasing, Real Estate Services, Risk management, Vehicle Operations, and Information and Communications Technology.
Information Technology is a Division within the Department of General Services and is responsible for defining and developing IT infrastructure systems to satisfy specified requirements of users and/or applications within our County’s 20 Departments.. Our division is responsible for the continuous lifecycle of the Information Technology Solutions from deployment and management, to replacement. We are passionate about serving the public and making a difference in the lives of those we serve.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You will be a seasoned professional with strong communications skills, significant professional experience in the evaluation of technology solutions supporting business requirements specific to a complex infrastructure environment, and leadership experience that includes providing instruction, project management, motivating and mentoring others, and successfully built relationships.
In your resume and/or cover, please be sure to describe your experience in:
- Security Solutions Experience: analyzing, designing, testing, and implementing enterprise-wide security software and hardware specifically your work with systems such as Firewalls, Web Application Gateways, Antivirus Software and/or PKI.
- Team Leader Experience: provided instruction to others in a group setting, managing a team to keep project on track, motivating teams to produce results, success using interpersonal skills to build relationships and counter challenges.
- Project Management Experience: related to a security project and/or infrastructure solutionou either managed or participated in; and your role relevant to managing/designing the project: scope, customer relations, timelines, budgets, work plans, tools, etc.
- Certification in: MCITP, CISSP
- BA or BS degree with emphasis in computer science, or information technology
- Four years of experience that included analyzing, designing, testing, and implementing enterprise-wide software and hardware on a large scale, including two years of direct experience with a large wide area network; or,
- Two years of experience performing duties equivalent to those of an EDP Office Automation Specialist I with Santa Barbara County; or,
- A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to one of the employment standards listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
SALARY: $83,777 - $102,275 DOE / DOQ
BENEFITS: The County of Santa Barbara offers a generous benefits package. Click here to view benefits details.
HOW TO APPLY: Complete a County application and attach your resume and cover letter at http://www.sbcountyjobs.com; the application process should only take 15 minutes to complete.
- For first consideration, submit your application by June 28, 2013
Questions? Contact your recruiter, Wendi Brown at 541-858-0376, 866-929-9227 (toll free), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information, Technology & Communication Services|
|Information Technology / General Services|
City: Santa Barbara|
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|
|June 28th for first consideration! Recruitment is continuous.|