|Local Interagency Council (LIC) Coordinator (12025)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: 12025
Under direct supervision, coordinates a group of community partners to identify and address gaps in the Early Intervention system, develop and manage the ChildFind component and manage provider recruitment efforts .
Work assignments are in-depth and specialized with specific areas of responsibility and independence of action.
Include the following:
- Provide direct support to clients in community, clinic and home settings according to need and established program protocols/procedures.
- Implement activities for program.
- Assess learning needs of specific customers and adjust direct services to meet those needs.
- Engage client in program services according to established protocols and procedures.
- Assist in marketing services and recruiting clients into services.
- Develop and maintain positive contacts with allied community service providers.
- Provide follow-up and referral to appropriate allied community services.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of direct services in accordance with established program procedures.
- Maintain accountability for work through timely submission of quantitative and qualitative data direct services.
- Participate in staff meetings and assigned training activities.
- Assist in orientation and training for new staff and student interns.
- Provide input into development of annual program goals and offers feedback/information necessary to assess progress toward their achievement including participation in grant site reviews.
- Assist in writing required reports.
- Actively participate in program evaluation activities.
- Develop and maintains computer skills needed to complete assigned duties.
Program Specific Functions:
- Develops collaborative agreements between local service providers, diagnostic and other agencies providing additional services to the child and family and agreements related to transition and integration of eligible children and families into the community;
- Facilitates LIC’s activities including local needs assessments, planning; evaluation efforts and meetings;
- Recruit new LIC members to ensure a good representation of the community;
- Maintain LIC Council records;
- Provides staff support services on behalf of the LIC including planning, organizing and sharing efforts with CFC staff;
- Identify and resolve local access issues for clients;
- Plans, develops, and implements a community awareness and education program regarding early intervention services in the county;
- Coordinates actions and press releases with the Communications staff of the Lake County Health Department;
- Implement a plan for provider recruitment efforts to reduce the CFC waiting lists.
- Attends meetings as are required by the LCHD, DHS and the Illinois Interagency Council.
- Prepares and submits reports to the LIC and the various county, state, and federal agencies, as required.
- Assists with entering data into statewide system as provided by the granting agency. Enters data into Region 2 local system as designed by LCHD.
- Participates and gets LIC membership to participate in local health fairs to share information about Early Intervention.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Respectful interactions with diverse people in a variety of settings.
- Effective oral communication with individuals and in small groups.
- Maintain composure in hectic or crisis situations.
- Protect confidentiality of all clients.
- Collaborate with diverse staff and allied service providers.
- Write and maintain appropriate service records.
Preferred: Experience in facilitating groups and experience in needs assessment
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To apply for this position please click on this link: Job Application.
Lake County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Location: Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Part-Time
Salary: 18.34 - 18.34 USD
Applications will be accepted
Public Information & Intergovernmental Affairs|
Human and Social Services
18 North County Street|
Human Resources - 7th Floor
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$ 18.34 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM