|Community Health Specialist III (12034)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: 12034
Coordinates and facilitates evidence-based alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention programs and provides technical assistance to schools, community coalitions and organizations.
The overall program goal is to reduce 30-day alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and prescription drug use among youth ages 11-20 using a variety of evidence based prevention strategies.Work assignments are in-depth and of a broad scope requiring a high degree of responsibility, independence of action, and team leadership.
- Plan, implement and evaluate evidence-based prevention programs.
- Working knowledge and experience of the Strategic Prevention Framework
- Provide technical assistance to local substance abuse prevention coalitions on coalition development and strategic planning through data driven decision making.
- Research, develop, and evaluate prevention strategies and materials.
- Plan and implement communication and/or social norms campaigns.
- Advocate for evidence-based public policies with community coalitions or organizations.
- Building relationships with various community members such as schools, local government, community specific resources and parents.
- Maintain appropriate documentation, demonstrate accountability for work through timely submission of data, and assist in development of annual program goals.
Will participate in staff meetings and assigned training activities, assist in management of grant budget spreadsheets and databases, and actively participate in program process and outcome evaluation activities. Local travel required within Lake County. Requires some evening and weekend time. Perform other duties as assigned.
Background must include experience with communication campaigns, policy development, and community organizing. Bachelors or Master's degree, preferably in a related field (health education, social work, psychology, sociology, early child development, communications, etc.) With bachelor’s degree two years of experience, with master’s degree, no experience required.
Job Location: Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: $22.04 - USD
Applications will be accepted
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To apply for this position please click on this link: Job Application.
Education / Training|
Human and Social Services
18 North County Street|
Human Resources - 7th Floor
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$ 22.04 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|