|Program Planning & Evaluation Analyst with the County of Sonoma!|
|Organization: County of Sonoma|
The County of Sonoma is looking for experienced professionals with sharp analytical and communication skills to serve as Program Planning and Evaluation Analysts in the Department of Health Services and the Human Services Department. County employees who wish to be considered for the current and/or future vacancies should consider applying to this recruitment.
Program Planning and Evaluation Analysts analyze, research, plan, monitor, and evaluate health, human, or child support services programs and policies; act as a liaison for assigned program areas; convene and lead meetings with other governmental agencies and community organizations; manage program communications, including online communications; interpret and apply state and federal regulations; write manuals, policies, procedures, reports, and other related documents; develop and deliver staff development programs; and perform related duties as required.
Vacancies in the Department of Health Services are as follows:
- Administration Unit (Accreditation): The Administration Unit of the Department of Health Services has one full-time vacancy that will support and facilitate the department’s efforts to achieve accreditation by the national Public Health Accreditation Board. Success requires the ability to interpret and implement federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as Department/Community-wide quality improvement activities. This position will lead a team responsible for implementing a self-assessment process, develop and apply procedures and criteria for the evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of programs, and make recommendations regarding program improvements.
- Animal Care & Control Section (Communication & Outreach): The Animal Care & Control (ACC) Section of the Department of Health Services has one full-time vacancy that will focus on increasing public awareness about ACC programs and services, foster community engagement, implement public outreach campaigns, manage online content, assist with fund development, supervise the volunteer coordinator and key volunteers, and act as a spokesperson with media and community groups. Desirable qualifications for this position include previous experience acting as a spokesperson with media and community groups, an ability to write for a variety of audiences, experience managing online content, and an ability to build relationships with media and the community.
- Health Policy, Planning, and Evaluation (HPPE) Division: The HPPE Division of the Department of Health Services has two full-time vacancies.
- Committee for Healthcare Improvement (CHI):This position will be responsible for managing the work of the Committee for Healthcare Improvement (CHI), a multi-stakeholder collaboration of leaders from local hospitals, clinics, service providers, and community organizations, with the mission of strengthening and expanding access to prevention-focused primary care. This position will provide group facilitation and build consensus to develop strategic plans, policies, and a framework for data and performance measurement to track countywide progress on patient care and population outcomes.
- Economic Security & Health: This position will engage service providers, public agencies, financial institutions, businesses, and community-based organizations to develop strategies to address the social determinants of health for low to moderate income families, including financial empowerment and economic security, and develop strategies for long-term systems change to support economic mobility opportunities for key populations. Both this position and the position assigned to the CHI program listed above require a capacity to facilitate diverse stakeholders, build consensus, strong research and analysis skills, familiarity with data collection methods, and an ability to articulate complex topics to diverse audiences, both in writing and verbally.
Vacancies in the Human Services Department are as follows:
- Economic Assistance Division (Department Promotional Only): The Economic Assistance Division of the Human Services Department has one full-time vacancy that will focus on medical programs (Medi-Cal, County Medical Services Program, and Path2Health Programs) in the Economic Assistance Division, serving as an eligibility expert on the rules and regulations regarding these programs. The Human Services Department has requested a department promotional certification to fill this vacancy. Therefore, you must be a full- or part-time regular or probationary employee of the County's Human Services Department to be considered for this position.
- Adult & Aging Division (Part-Time - Care Transitions Program): The Adult & Aging Division of the Human Services Department has one part-time vacancy (20 hours per week) in the community-based Care Transitions Program. It is anticipated that there will be some flexibility in the schedule for this assignment. This position will coordinate services, develop and maintain data, track outcomes, and perform general administrative functions to ensure success of Sonoma County's Care Transitions Program, which is intended to assist individuals discharging from the hospital setting and reduce their likelihood of unnecessarily being readmitted to the hospital.
This recruitment is being conducted to fill multiple vacancies in the Department of Health Services and the Human Services Department. This employment list may also be used to fill future full-time, part-time, or extra-help (temporary) vacancies as they occur during the active status of the list.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education, training, and experience which would provide the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed herein. Normally, graduation from a college or university with a degree in social work, gerontology, psychology, sociology, public health, health science, health education, community health, public policy, public administration, business administration, economics, or a closely related area, and two years of experience in program planning, staff development, program supervision, community organization, and/or analysis of human, health, and/or child support services programs would provide such opportunity. Specific experience related to the assigned division may be required for designated positions.
Apply by 7/22/13! To view the complete position details and to apply online, visit our website at www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org, or phone Human Resources at (707) 565-2331. EOE
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Human and Social Services|
Administrative Analysis & Research
|Department of Health Services & Human Services Dept.|
575 Administration Drive|
City: Santa Rosa
Country: UNITED STATES
| Full Time & Part Time|
$ 5320.00 to $ 6468.00 Monthly
|Apply By Date:|
|July 22, 2013! |