|Organization: City of Franklin, Tennessee|
Purpose of Job
Provides a variety of legal and administrative assistance to the Office of the City Engineer.
Essential Job Duties
- Answers multi-line telephone and greets visitors in person; provides information and assistance; takes and relays messages and/or directs to appropriate personnel; returns calls as necessary.
- Performs customer service functions; provides assistance and information related to department services, procedures, forms, fees, or other issues; processes payments for department fees or services; responds to routine questions, complaints or requests for service; initiates problem resolution.
- Processes a variety of documentation associated with departmental operations, per established procedures and within designated timeframes; distributes documentation or maintains records as appropriate.
- Maintains inventory of department supplies and card purchases; initiates orders for new or replacement materials.
- Tracks department spending by coding and paying invoices/vendors, keeping receipts, and requesting checks and reports.
- Assists the City Engineer with the budget by maintaining files of payments.
- Maintain and manages the City’s public easement files along with the GIS Division of the It Department and responsible for having approved easements recorded at the Williamson County Register’s Office.
- Responsible for the scanning and filing of all documents for the department and the City’s approved contracts/agreements and easements.
- Conducts legal research relating to litigation/condemnation for City projects, and prepares memoranda.
- Collects, organizes and analyzes factual information and documents relating to particular legal issues related to City projects, damage claims, litigation or similar matters.
- Prepares initial drafts of legal pleadings and documents such as notices of appearance, answers to summons and complaints, depositions, affidavits, interrogatories, requests for production, subpoenas, and judgments.
- Prepares correspondence and other written materials independently or from rough drafts, notes or verbal instructions.
Education and Experience: The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through obtaining a fifth year College or university program certificate, and up to one year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Paralegal Certification, current 2nd year or greater law student, or equivalent
Please apply online at: www.franklintn.gov/jobs
Clerical & Administrative Support|
Administrative Analysis & Research
City of Franklin HR Department|
109 3rd Ave South
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 18.95 Hourly