|Coding Specialist (12617)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: 12617
Under minimal supervision performs job functions in a professional manner with a high level of expertise and maintains compliance with all Federal and State statutes and facility policies.
Include the following
- Develops and maintains a Coding Compliance Plan.
- Develop coding policies and procedures.
- Develop definitions of coding terminology.
- Develop tips for medical staff for coding E&M and other diagnostic guidelines for coding and billing.
- Reviews the medical record for accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation.
- Applies appropriate codes to communicate the level of care and diagnoses.
- Abstracts clinical health information from the patient record for auditing E/M, diagnosis and procedure coding/billing assigned by the provider.
- Performs documentation compliance reviews and generate audit reports based on chart analysis.
- Identifies and communicates trends in coding for compliance purposes and establishes action plans and provides follow-up as appropriate.
- Works with HIM Manager and Medical Director to provide education on coding based on trends audit results to providers.
- Educate all other staff as needed, by developing training materials.
Applicants in the role may additionally be involved with various Health Information functions including release of protected health information. Managing duplicate medical records, concurrent review process, SOP committee participation and forms management processes.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Requires an Associate’s degree in Health Information Management.
- Requires AHIMA certification or eligibility (RHIA or RHIT).
Job Location: Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: 20.11 - USD
Applications will be accepted
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To apply for this position please click on this link: Job Application.
Information, Technology & Communication Services|
18 North County Street|
Human Resources - 7th Floor
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$ 20.11 Hourly
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM