|Office Manager III (12544)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: 12544
Is responsible for the overall management of program operations. An employee in this position functions as a staff manager and has the responsibility for organizing, planning, training, executing, controlling and evaluating the operations. Has the ability to complete and verify income based on various income documentation provided by the patient. Understands service charges and associated collections processes. Has experience in insurance verification and the application of plan deductible and co-payments Creates and implements departmental policies and conducts monthly staff meetings. Committee involvement is required of this position. Supervises a large number of staff and provides support for numerous programs. Interfaces with internal programs and outside agencies in order to assist in the overall management of the program.
- Recruits, directs and evaluates clerical staff.
- Conducts clerical staff meetings and performance appraisals.
- Determines and coordinates employee leave schedules and arranges replacement.
- Assures appropriate clerical commitment, performance and training.
- Assures staff professionalism and competence in public relations.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the computer and its applications that relate to billing, BOSS and electronic health record (EHR).
- Trains and updates clerical and professional staff to utilize billing, BOSS and EHR scheduling system in accordance with agency standards.
- Responsible for implementation of new procedures in programs to improve workflow, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Conducts clerical audits as assigned by the Service Area Business Office
- Assists in monitoring service area program deposits and collection processes.
- Maintains collections processes for all patients with outstanding balances
- Oversees fee collections to insure monthly targets are met.
- Oversees the billing process to insure monthly targets are met.
- Oversees sliding fee and co-payment collections at all Primary Care sites
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of the Health Department and Community Health Center’s services.
- Develops and maintains a basic awareness of the Chronic Care Model Processes in order to reduce Health Disparities within our communities.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of individual Emergency Preparedness role.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to assess, monitor, and improve program services
- Participates in mandatory in-services and drills, attends staff meetings, and other appropriate age specific educational trainings offered on a regular basis for professional development.
- Reports all unusual occurrences that may involve the safety and well being of the clients/patients and co-workers, directly to the supervisor and/or Safety Officer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED, a minimum of four years of office experience, preferably in healthcare and three years of related supervisory experience.
Job Location: Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: $22.04 - USD
Applications will be accepted
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the
Careers In Government website.
To apply for this position please click on this link: Job Application
Clerical & Administrative Support|
18 North County Street|
Human Resources - 7th Floor
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 22.04 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM