|Accounting Specialist (15328)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: 15328
Under immediate supervision performs work of routine difficulty in clerical accounting tasks.
Clerical work of accounting, reviewing, researching, cashiering and/or auditing is performed. This position involves identifying recurring discrepancies where routine solutions have been developed or approved by a supervisor. Supervisors are available for consultation on unusual discrepancies, and provide detailed instructions on all new assignments. Work involves entering, reviewing, and researching by using information entered into and reports generated from an integrated financial system.
- Enters accurate information into the accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, and payroll modules of the integrated financial system.
- Enters, classifies, and process requisitions or purchase orders in the integrated financial system for supplies or services for the department.
- Classifies and verifies invoices, employee reimbursements, and mileage for accuracy, proper approvals, and completeness prior to entry.
- Schedules payments in the integrated financial system in order to take advantage of discounts for prompt payment.
- Makes bank deposits and enters cash information into the accounts receivable module of the integrated financial system.
- Assists with budget preparation and monitors expenditures against budgets using the integrated financial system reports.
- Maintains complete files on regular accounts and correspondence; balances daily collections and disbursements by running reports in the accounts receivable system and balancing them to the data entered in the integrated financial system.
Education and/or Other Requirements
- Completion of a standard high school program or GED program.
- Training in general business office and accounting procedures.
- Two years of experience at clerical accounting, ten key, entry and ability to research information using an integrated financial system, and good spreadsheet experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Location: Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: $16.73 - USD
Applications will be accepted
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To apply for this position please click on this link: Job Application.
18 North County Street|
Human Resources - 7th Floor
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$ 16.73 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM