|Water Quality Specialist|
|Organization: City of Franklin, Tennessee|
Assists with the operations of the Stormwater Division of the Engineering Department under the direct supervision of the Stormwater Management Coordinator. Assists in the administration and management of the Water Quality section of the Stormwater Management Program, in order to meet the goals and objectives of the City’s MS4 NPDES permit and best management practices.
Assists in maintaining National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System MS4 compliance
- Conducts on-site inspections and gathers field data; performs and documents permanent stormwater BMP inspections; performs and documents Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control inspections for construction sites within the City. Issues Grading Permits, and performs enforcement actions as needed including issuance of Notice of Violations and Stop Work orders.
- Assists in monitoring watershed operations which may include designing and implementing stream inspections and monitoring to assess general physical and biological water quality conditions; collecting and documenting related data/findings; conducting ambient wet weather and benthic macro invertebrate sampling and hydrologic monitoring; assisting in planning, installing, maintaining and programming automatic samplers and flow meters; implementing stream assessment protocols and identifying and documenting erosion problems.
- Assists in the detection and elimination of illicit discharge which includes preparing and conducting field screening sampling of watershed outfall points to identify and eliminate sources of pollutants; conducting compliant investigations of illicit discharge; preparing and conducting pesticide herbicide and fertilizer sampling to identify sources of problem areas;
- Assist with GIS-related projects (mapping and databases) for the Stormwater Management Program, including Infrastructure, BMP, and MS4 Outfall Inventories. Assists with maintenance of the City’s various GIS databases used by various City departments.
- Assists with regulatory research and reviews and recommends updates to technical specifications and typical standards for all current regulations as related to stormwater management activities.
- TNEPSC Level I
- TNEPSC Level II
- Valid TN Driver License
EOE/ Drug-free Workplace
Please apply on line at www.franklintn.gov/jobs
Public Works & Engineering|
Water / Wastewater Treatment
City of Franklin HR Department|
109 3rd Ave South
Country: UNITED STATES
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM