|Organization: Helix Water District|
THE HELIX WATER DISTRICT, La Mesa, CA (located in East San Diego County) is seeking an experienced, professional to become the District’s Board Secretary. This position plans, organizes, manages, and coordinates the activities of the Board office and Support Services staff. This position attends Board meetings and public hearings held on a variety of issues; supervises and coordinates meeting logistics, arrangements and other required support; supervises, coordinates and prepares the board agenda and the assembly and distribution of board agenda packets.
Examples of Duties
· Plans, organizes, manages, integrates and monitors the work of the Support Services staff.
· Participates in the District’s legislative affairs program.
· Maintains effective working relationships with all levels of District management, board members, representatives of other water agencies, elected and appointed governmental officials, media representatives, business and community leaders, employees, and the public.
· Develops and monitors the section’s annual budget; manages and directs the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, policies, systems and procedures applicable to section responsibilities.
· Serves as “custodian of records” and determines the applicability of Public Records Act provisions to various District records.
- Training and experience substantially equivalent to an Associate degree with six years of progressively responsible and complex administrative and secretarial experience, including at least two years serving in a capacity that supports a major board, including taking meeting minutes. A Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
- Working knowledge of the requirements of the Brown Act, Public Records Act, and parliamentary procedure.
- Knowledge of state and local laws, including other legal requirements applicable to the governmental structure of the District and specifically related to the functions and operations of the Board and the Board office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Detail-oriented with attention to accuracy.
- Professionalism, diplomacy and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Get an Application/Apply
In person: 7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA
Telephone: (619) 667-6281
A completed Helix Water District employment application & driving questionnaire are required. Please visit our website at http://www.hwd.com/jobs/jobs.htm for the complete job description, qualifications, and job application.
Clerical & Administrative Support|
7811 University Ave.|
City: La Mesa
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 6664.00 to $ 8505.00 Monthly
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|
|September 26, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.|