|Organization: Helix Water District|
The Construction Supervisor is an exempt supervisory classification. This position plans, schedules, lays out, supervises and inspects the work of administrative staff, skilled crafts and multiple crews engaged in the construction, maintenance, repair and servicing of the water transmission and distribution system’s mains, service lines, specialized valves, and related facilities and appurtenances. This person performs a leadership role in setting goals and objectives, strategic direction, coaching and counseling within the Construction section.
Examples of Duties
- Plans, organizes, and manages the work of 6 direct reports and 14 indirect team members.
- Develops short and long range goals for section.
- Supervises and coaches Utility Crew Supervisors and provides leadership and direction.
- Evaluates staff performance and establishes performance standards and goals.
- Participates in and develops recommendations for current and future operations, distribution and customer service needs.
- Participates in the selection and training of assigned personnel.
- Identifies inefficiencies or opportunities for improved business processes and collaboratively works toward successful change and/or implementation.
Location and Hours of Work: 1233 Vernon Way, El Cajon, CA 92020 Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m.—3:30 p.m.
** After-hours emergency call back rotation responsibility including weekends is required.
- Training and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university that will provide candidate with supervisory, analytical, communication, and computer skills necessary to perform the tasks required.
- Six years of experience in the construction or maintenance of a water distribution system or closely related field, five years at which are at advanced journey-level with increasing responsibility utilizing technical applications in the maintenance of a water distribution system or closely related field. Three years of supervisory and administrative experience required.
- State of California Water Distribution Operator’s Certificate, Grade IV, or the ability to obtain within four years of hire date.
- Ability to motivate, coach, evaluate and provide guidance to staff.
- Knowledge of methods, practices, techniques, tools and equipment used in the construction, maintenance, and repair of a large water distribution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possession of a valid California Driver License.
How to Get an Application/Apply
In person: 7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA
Telephone: (619) 667-6281
Please visit our website at http://www.hwd.com/jobs/jobs.htm for the complete job description, qualifications, and job application. A completed Helix Water District employment application, supplemental application & driving questionnaire are required.
Public Works & Engineering|
7811 University Ave.|
City: La Mesa
Country: UNITED STATES
$83,964.00 to $107,160.00 Annually
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|
|Open until filled|