|Insurance and Risk Manager|
|Organization: City of San José|
The Finance Department is recruiting for an Insurance & Risk Manager to plan, organize, and coordinate a comprehensive risk management program with the objective of conserving human, financial, physical, and natural assets against the effects of loss. The successful candidate will recommend strategies for protecting the City against all financial exposures and risks, including insurance or budget assumption of risk.
The Insurance & Risk Manager will be responsible for safeguarding City’s properties (with a replacement value at $3.2 billions) and other assets through the purchase of insurance to guard against catastrophic events, when the frequency of events cannot be predicted, the severity of potential loss could seriously hamper operations, and where the cost of the insurance policy is not prohibitive. The insurance policies are for a one year term.
Annually, the City utilizes its insurance broker, Gallagher to review and analyze the City’s insurance and coverage requirements, and obtain competitive insurance quotes. The Insurance & Risk Manager reviews the City’s risk exposures with the City’s insurance broker to analyze the City’s needs, and present them to insurance carriers to obtain the most cost effective insurance coverage. Insurance policies include:
- Boiler & Machinery Property Insurance
- Airport Owners and Operators Liability including War Risks & Extended Perils Coverage
- Secondary Employment Law Enforcement Professional Liability
- Automobile Liability
- Airport Shuttle Bus–Physical Damage
- Police Aircraft Hull and Liability including War Risks & Extended Perils Coverage
The Insurance & Risk Manager works with insurance carriers to facilitate the inspections of City’s properties and with City Departments to implement property loss control recommendations from carriers. Other major functions include contractual risk transfer of contracts with vendors and consultants through insurance requirements, and subrogation to recover losses from damage to City’s properties by third parties.
The City of San José, the Capital of Silicon Valley, is one of the nation's best managed cities and one of the top ten cities in which to live, work, and do business. Moreover, San José is the center of cultural, government and economic activity for the region. The employees of the City of San José have embraced the following values: Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect, and Celebration. The City's Finance Department is seeking an individual whose values align with the values of the City's employees.
The mission of the Finance Department is to manage, protect and report on the City of San José's financial resources to enhance the City's financial condition for residents, businesses and investors. The Finance Department has an operating budget of approximately $15 million and 117.5 employees. The organizational structure consists of the following Divisions; Accounting, Administration, Purchasing, Revenue Management, Treasury. The Finance Department and its personnel demonstrate a strong commitment to teamwork, fiscal responsibility and building lasting partnerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in public or business administration, insurance, finance, risk management or a closely related field.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible in a risk management, safety loss control, or general liability insurance program for public entities, including two (2) years with supervisory and management authority over staff, and financial responsibility within the program area or division.
- Associate in Risk Management
- Associate in Risk Management / Public Sector certification (ARM/P)
- California Insurance Broker/Agent Property and Casualty License
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please visit the website of Koff & Associates at www.KoffAssociates.com to download the supplemental questions. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and answers to the supplemental questions by email to Lori Worden at email@example.com . As an alternative, you can mail your application materials to:
Koff & Associates, Inc.
6400 Hollis Street, Suite 5
Emeryville, CA 94608
The deadline to apply is 5:00 p.m., October 10th, 2013.
Administration & Management|
200 East Santa Clara Street|
City: San Jose
Country: UNITED STATES
$90,547.00 to $127,940.00 Annually
|Apply By Date:|
|October 10, 2013|