|Organization: City of Torrance|
The City of Torrance is looking for a flexible individual who will, under direction, manage a branch library or specialized library function: plan, organize and supervise the activities of subordinate staff; and perform related work as required.
The ideal candidate, in addition to the minimum requirements, will have the following:
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and outside vendors.
- Ethical, professional, and posses the ability to foster a teambuilding environment.
- Strong decision-making, planning, and scheduling skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications for library services. Proficiency with all Microsoft office applications as well as mobile and internet technologies.
- Experience with public outreach, and programming
- Ability to work regular evening and Saturday hours.
For a comprehensive list of duties for the Senior Librarian position, please access our website’s job specification link at www.torranceca.gov.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requires Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited college or university AND three years of professional public library experience in area of responsibility.
Applicants must complete a standard online City application and supplemental questionnaire between September 16, 2013 at 7:30 am and October 7, 2013 at 5:30 pm. This is available online at http://www.torranceca.gov/523.htm#.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
3231 Torrance Blvd.|
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 33.22 to $ 38.42 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
|October 7, 2013|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM