Purpose of Job
Following well defined policies and procedures, performs routine data entry/recordkeeping, customer service, and general administrative/secretarial duties.
Essential Job Duties
Provides General Office Support
- Answers multi-line telephone; provides information and assistance; takes and relays messages and/or directs calls to appropriate personnel; returns calls as necessary.
- Responds to and/or forwards emails to appropriate parties.
- Types memos and correspondence.
- Schedules meetings; makes travel arrangements.
- Files various documents; maintains files.
Performs Data Entry/Record Keeping
- Inputs data to maintain lists, inventories, or similar records of equipment, parts, supplies, uniforms, vehicles, training courses, job applicants, etc.
- Inputs data in systems related to work orders, permits, business licenses, event schedules, inspections, facility rentals, etc., requiring knowledge of routine forms, requirements, fees, etc.
Administers Accounts Payable
- Creates purchase orders and enters in system; may apply routine coding.
- Reconciles account statements or invoices to purchase or delivery receipts and purchase orders.
- Contacts vendors to obtain missing receipts or resolve discrepancies.
- Enters receipts into system.
- Receives and complies with routine requests for data, forms, maps, etc.
- Receives customer complaints; resolves routine problems; forwards more complicated issues to other staff members.
- Assists citizens in navigating City web site, directing questions to appropriate City staff, completing various application forms, etc.
Processes Payroll (If applicable – may not be assigned)
- Reviews hours worked entries and corrects as needed; consults with supervisors as needed.
- Enters employee leave requests.
Maintains Inventory of Office Supplies
- Maintains/controls office supplies inventory.
- Places routine orders for supplies as needed.
Education and Experience: The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary: $13.29 per hour
Deadline to Apply: 9/30/2013