|Organization: City of Franklin, Tennessee|
Purpose of Job:
Under general supervision, operates a variety of heavy vehicles and equipment. Position requires a high degree of operator skill. Works in Streets, Water Management, Sanitation and Environmental Services, or other City department.
Essential Job Duties
Operates Vehicles, Equipment, and Machinery
- Operates a variety of heavy equipment at least 50% of the time, which includes a large dump truck (10 ton capacity or larger), Gradall, 45ft or larger aerial bucket truck, storm sewer vacuum truck, and/or boom tractor mower.
- Additionally, may at times operate backhoe, track hoe, street sweeper, small dump truck, salt spreader, asphalt sprayer, asphalt roller, maintainer (rock spreader/grader), skid loader, refuse truck, pickup truck, transfer station controls, tub grinder, tractor mower, bush hog, bobcat, leaf machine, chipper, jackhammer, air compressor.
- Performs Routine Equipment Maintenance
- Inspects equipment and performs routine maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment, and tools in operable condition, which may include checking fuel levels, replacing belts and fluids, greasing equipment, and washing/cleaning equipment.
- May perform various manual tasks which may include digging holes/trenches, shoveling materials, applying asphalt to repair potholes; loading/unloading materials, lifting/moving discarded appliances and furniture or other heavy materials, and picking up debris/litter or dead animals.
- Uses variety of power and hand tools, including chain saw, pruner, line trimmer, shovel, rake, pitch fork, broom, and radio communications equipment.
Education and Experience:
The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through high school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus three years of construction equipment operation related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driver License – CDL – A or B as applicable.
Please appy on line at www.franklintn.gov
City of Franklin HR Department|
109 3rd Ave South
Country: UNITED STATES
|Download Job Application|
$ 16.82 Bi-monthly
|Apply By Date:|
|October 7, 2013|