|GIS Analyst I|
|Organization: City of Franklin, Tennessee|
Purpose of Job
Uses Geographic Information System (GIS) to generate graphics, maps, and statistical reports. Enters or imports data into GIS related databases.
Essential Job Duties
Generates Maps, Graphics, and Reports
- Produces standard base maps for ready reproduction and distribution.
- Utilizes GIS to update utility maps, blueprints, plat books and related documents.
- Prepares detailed GIS based maps, graphs, charts, records and reports as requested; meets with departments to determine procedures and datasets for specific desired geographic analyses; analyzes existing data sources to extrude needed data.
- May greet and assist the general public, contractors, developers, and engineers in search of GIS information; queries data base to select data requested; generates files with requested data.
Maintains GIS System Hardware/Software
- Installs GIS software on user computers; applies patches and upgrades.
Maintains GIS Related Databases.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments to develop and maintain base maps; digitizes features; develops and maintains a shared, computerized database of maps and land-related information.
- Designs and creates new geodatabases; maintains databases using compacting and compression.
- Creates and maintains spatial views that use feature geometry from database and integrates attribute data from other enterprise databases.
- Imports and converts, as necessary, aerial photography and CAD drawings prepared by others.
- Reconciles data with ERP software to ensure accuracy.
- May update street addresses from field survey; assists other departments, the public, 911, the telephone company, and the post office with correct addresses; notifies the appropriate persons and agencies of incorrect addresses; maintains records of assigned addresses.
Provides Technical Support to City departments
- Provides technical assistance to GIS database users. Assists in training other employees in developing, utilizing, and applying GIS.
- As requested, assists in investigating the feasibility of implementing new technology or software to aid GIS users.
Uses GPS to Collect Field Data
- Collects field data such as fire hydrants, street signs, and water/sewer infrastructure.
- Downloads field data and incorporates into enterprise GIS database and reviews it for accuracy.
Education and Experience: The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of a Bachelor’s’ degree in engineering technology, geography, geoscience, computer science or information technology with a minimum of one year of GIS experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Proven basic competency in ESRI software-Arc/Info and ArcView is required.
A certificate of competency in a GIS based program and qualification for the GISP certification within 6 months is preferred.
Salary: $18.93 per hour
Deadline to apply: Open Until Filled
Please apply online at: www.franklintn.gov/jobs
Information, Technology & Communication Services|
City of Franklin HR Department|
109 3rd Ave South
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 18.93 Hourly