|Long Range Planning Manager|
|Organization: Tahoe Regional Planning Agency|
The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency was created in 1969 by a Compact between the states of Nevada and California, then ratified by the U.S. Congress, and protects and restores the environment of Lake Tahoe. The bi-state agency is charged with regional planning, development and redevelopment oversight and implementation of environmental protection and restoration programs for the Region. The Agency is becoming a nationally recognized leader and innovator in land use and environmental planning, and sustainability approaches and programs.
The Long Range Planning Manager will lead a talented planning team in cutting edge land use and environmental planning in a highly engaged, politically challenging community. This is a unique opportunity for a results oriented professional to develop innovative and creative solutions to complex, contemporary, long range land use and environmental planning issues. The Long Range Planning Manager will play an integral part of accelerating environmental gain and will collaborate with public and private partners to build sustainable communities with walkable, bikable town centers in the Tahoe Basin. The Long Range Planning Manager will partner with the science community to incorporate the most current and best science practices into proactive policies and practices for land use and environmental planning, and to adapt to climate change and the resulting impacts on the community and the natural resources.
The position requires strategic and collaborative thinking, a creative, systems approach to problem solving, political acumen, and excellent written and communication skills. In addition, the Long Range Planning Manager must be experienced in organizational management, long range regional planning and land use regulation, and community based problem solving in a large city, county or regional organization or council. The position reports to the Planning Director.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and preferably a Master's degree in land use planning, geography, architecture or a closely related field required, preferably ten years of experience in one of those fields. AICP accreditation and regional government experience is very desirable. We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is an accomplished leader in writing and successfully processing Comprehensive/Master/General Plans and land use regulations
- Has the ability to analyze and solve complex problems related to planning
- Can think strategically and use creative, collaborative approaches to problem solving and decision making
- Has good listening skills and interpersonal skills, demonstrates empathy and builds strong relationships with a variety of constituents inside and outside the Agency
- Has strong ability in effectively collaborating with federal state, regional, local and private stakeholder interests and a track record in delivering successful outcomes
- Has political acumen and knows how to navigate external pressures
- Has a track record as an effective manager who builds and motivates teams, encourages innovation, provides coaching and feedback, holds people accountable and rewards contributions
- Provides excellent customer service
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Planning & Building Safety|
Community and Economic Development
128 Market Street|
PO Box 5310
Country: UNITED STATES
$82,105.00 to $93,835.00 Annually
Negotiable / DOQ