|Business Process Improvement Manager and City Court Clerk|
|Organization: City of Franklin, Tennessee|
Purpose of Job
Directs, champions, obtains approvals and assesses the effectiveness of business improvement initiatives to enhance customer service, operational effectiveness, revenue, and compliance with various legal or financial standards; monitors and facilitates deployment and implementation of financial and accounting policies and procedures that ensure quality customer service and compliance with financial governance standards; and manages the operations of the City Court.
Essential Job Duties
- Manages Business Process Improvement
- Provides interface with Finance Department staff, IT Department, and the Leadership Team in pursuing enhancements to existing processes, development of new processes, and implementation of process improvements or new business processes.
- Facilitates and/or leads process improvement teams; develops project plans that define scope, major tasks, and milestones; identifies desired composition of teams.
- Determines required project resources needed for process improvement projects.
- Facilitates review and analysis of or reviews and analyzes existing business process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Facilitates development of recommendations or recommends process changes and prepares drafts as necessary.
B. Reviews Operational and Financial Results
- Prepares and completes various periodic and special statistical reports and projects for the BOMA, City Administrator, Asst. City Administrators, Department Heads and City Attorney.
- Directs, coordinates, reviews, analyzes and prepares financial, managerial, and cost studies relating to trends, variances, revenue implications and cost control of programs and provides BOMA, the City Administrator, the Asst. City Administrators and Department Heads with recommendations for solutions.
- Coordinates with City Administrator, Asst. City Administrators, Department Heads and City Attorney on new and existing policies and ordinances with regard to matters affecting revenues such as taxes, licenses, fees, billing, collections, delinquency, etc.
- Prepares reviews or approves various monthly reports to verify balancing of deposits and point of sale entries; prepares and reviews various reports related to revenues of the city – e.g. sales tax filings, accounts receivable, and statistical reports to verify the accuracy of other associated records.
C. Supervises Staff
- Supervises schedules, directs, and evaluates Court staff, handling employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, discipline, and completing employee performance evaluations.
D. Promotes and Models the City Vision
- Translates, deploys, and continuously reinforces the vision, values, objectives, and results orientation throughout the organization.
- Assists management in aligning and integrating key business processes, functional accountabilities, and employee training and development with business objectives.
Education and Experience: The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of a Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B. A.) from four-year College or university in a business related and/or technical discipline (advanced degree desirable) with eight to ten years of experience in finance, accounting, and business process improvement, including six years of progressively increasing managerial/supervisory experience in finance, accounting, budget, or planning in municipal government, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Certification as a Municipal Clerk and Recorder in the State of Tennessee required within one (1) year of obtaining position. Must meet Tennessee requirements of a Municipal Court Clerk.
Please apply online at www.franklintn.gov/jobs
Municipal / County Clerk
City of Franklin HR Department|
109 3rd Ave South
Country: UNITED STATES
Negotiable / DOQ