The Orange County Sanitation District (OCSD) is a public agency that is dedicated to maintaining world-class leadership in wastewater and water resource management. OCSD operates and maintains the third largest wastewater treatment facilities east of the Mississippi River.
We, the employees and the board of directors of the Orange County Sanitation District, are committed to protect public health and the environment by developing, integrating, and implementing fiscally responsible solutions to wastewater, water reclamation, and watershed protection issues. We are a value-based organization dedicated to upholding and consistently demonstrating the attributes affirmed in our Guiding Principles.
Our Guiding Principles are a declaration of who we are and the beliefs we affirm. They form the framework of our organization and reinforce our professional code of ethics.
Honesty, Trust and Respect
- We aspire to the highest degree of integrity, honesty, trust, and respect in our interaction with each other, our suppliers, our customers, and our community.
Teamwork and Problem Solving
- We strive to reach OCSD goals through cooperative efforts and collaboration with each other and our constituencies. We work to solve problems in a creative, cost-effective and safe manner, and we acknowledge team and individual efforts.
Leadership and Commitment
- We lead by example, acknowledging the value of our resources and using them wisely and safely to achieve our objectives and goals. We are committed to act in the best interest of our employees, our organization, and our community.
Learning/Teaching - Talents, Skills, & Abilities
- We continuously develop ourselves, enhancing our talents, skills, and abilities, knowing that only through personal growth and development will we continue to progress as an agency and as individuals.
- We seek to recognize, acknowledge and reward contributions to OCSD by our many talented employees.