Salary: 15.87 Hourly
Salary Top: 28.85
Now Hiring – Bus Drivers!The City of Santa Monica’s Big Blue Bus is now hiring Motor Coach Operator Trainees! No Driving Experience Necessary!Excellent Salary!Great Benefits! $15.87 per hour starting salary during the eight (8) week training course.$18.75 per hour after successful completion of training program and proficiency exam.$28.85 per hour top step salary. BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS Pension Plan)
- Dependent Care Assistance Plan and Marine Park Childcare Center
- Participates in a formal training program to learn techniques and safety procedures for operating a motor coach.
- Learns and observes traffic laws, vehicle code regulations, and appropriate safety rules and regulations.
- Learns pre-operation vehicle preparation and inspection procedures.
- Learns and practices defensive driving techniques.
- Follows department standards and procedures for maintaining motor coach appearance and cleanliness while in service.
- Operates wheelchair lift and bike rack equipment.
- Provides directions and information to the public concerning routes, schedules, and transfers. Makes stops announcements. Assists passengers, when needed.
- Prepares various reports, including detailed accident reports, daily operation reports, forms for lost articles, and witness/courtesy cards.
- Performs various duties related to fare collection, tariff acceptance, farebox reading and recording, and transfer issuance and receipt.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Job Requirements: Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent. Minimum 21 years of age at time of application.
Licenses and Certificates:
- One year of recent, paid customer service work experience assisting and providing information to the public.
- Possession of a valid California Class C driver license. If hired, and prior to the first day of training, must possess a California Class A or B commercial driver permit with appropriate medical certification, passenger endorsement, and with no restrictions for weight, number of passengers or air brakes.
- Must also be able to obtain a Verification of Transit Training Document at the conclusion of training.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
For additional qualifying requirements and information about the position, please visit the City of Santa Monica - Human Resources web site at: www.smgov.net/departments/hr/
Apply Online at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/santamonica
An Equal Opportunity Employer