Phone: (847) 380-3243
Apply By: Apr 10, 2017
(32,971) Woodridge is a progressive, thoughtfully planned and developed community located in the rich natural area overlooking the DuPage River. A diverse, family oriented community, Woodridge residents enjoy high quality municipal services, beautiful parks and open spaces all while having easy access to the Chicago metropolitan area transportation system. Woodridge residents have a passion for their community, actively participating in community events and community building programs. Located in DuPage, Will and Cook Counties, approximately 30 miles southwest of Chicago, Woodridge has a history of political and administrative stability.
Woodridge is a fiscally strong community with a $46 million total budget and 124 full time employees. The Village Administrator is appointed by the Mayor and Board of Trustees. The Administrator is responsible for the administration of the Village Board’s goals, policies and programs as well as the management of the Village’s services. Woodridge is a full service community providing police, public works, community development, and finance operations. Fire and emergency medical services are provided by three separate fire protection districts. There have been two Village Administrators since 1990. The Mayor and six Village Board members are elected at large on a non-partisan basis and conduct deliberations in a civil, transparent manner.
- Successful administration of municipal operations in a suburban city/village with the desire to seek and implement entrepreneurial approaches when appropriate.
- Will have extremely well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Will exhibit a collaborative, welcoming approach with elected officials, residents, the business community, and employees.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in public policy, planning or related field.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of increasingly responsible management experience in municipal government.
- Master’s degree in public administration, business administration or related field is highly desired.
- Residency within a reasonable commuting distance is highly desired.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
Starting salary range: $165,000 - $175,000 DOQ with excellent benefits. Apply with resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references by April 10 to the attention of Heidi Voorhees, 630 Dundee Road, Suite 130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3243.
Click Here To Apply