Salary: 40500 Annually
Apply By: Mar 29, 2017
The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) was founded in 1907 to help Attorneys General fulfill the responsibilities of their office and to assist in the delivery of high quality legal services to the states and territorial jurisdictions. The Executive Office at NAAG oversees all project and Association services.
The National Attorneys General Training & Research Institute (NAGTRI) was created in 2007 to serve out NAAG’s mission of education, research and training to Attorneys General and their staff by providing scholarship and fee-based training courses, as well as publications on pertinent topics.
The NAGTRI Consumer Protection Program Specialist supports the work of NAAG and NAGTRI by assisting the NAGTRI Chief Administrator, Director of the Center for Consumer Protection and NAAG/NAGTRI attorneys.
As NAGTRI Program Specialist, duties entail assisting with meeting/seminar coordination, including meeting logistics, monitoring budgets, CLE coordination, administrative support as needed and conducting research. As Consumer Protection Specialist, responsibilities will include assisting the Director of the Center for Consumer Protection in creating webinars, developing an enhanced communication and sharing system between the state attorneys, circulating information to state attorneys, and strengthening the Project’s web site.
The Specialist should have excellent computer skills, be able to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, exhibit an outgoing personality, think independently, have a strong grasp of budgeting and finance, and exercise tact and diplomacy. The Specialist should have the ability to work effectively in a team environment, fostering collaboration and cooperation across departments. Travel accounts for approximately 50% of this position. The Specialist reports directly to the NAGTRI Chief Administrator and Director of the Center for Consumer Protection.
Job Requirements: Core Duties
- Provide assistance to NAGTRI courses and research projects. Assist with announcement mailings, briefing books, registration materials, handouts, badges, attendance lists, and gifts. Monitor follow up assignments. Arrange for, pack up and mail office materials, gifts and banners for each course. Also provide assistance with the three annual Association meetings.
- Onsite support at NAGTRI courses, including registration and onsite logistical support.
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with hotel staff.
- Provide administrative support - proofread correspondence, reports, agendas; prepare both drafts and finals.
- Support the online travel service, setting up travel accounts, adding new meetings, and general coordination responsibilities. Assist with travel arrangements of all attendees and faculty of trainings.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for NAGTRI presenters and speakers; ability to format and run presentations for conference presenters.
- Input all NAGTRI information for each course into database, including student and faculty information, and evaluation results.
- Coordinate with web designer on placing information on website (including materials).
- Provide telephone coverage and back-up assistance as needed.
- Apply for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) for faculty and participants at all NAGTRI national trainings.
- Other tasks as assigned based on the needs of the Association.
- 1-2 years of professional, organizational experience in the non-profit sector is preferred.
- 4-year college degree required.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary history via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Erin Schechter by Wednesday, March 29, 2017. Please use “NAGTRI Program Specialist/ Consumer Protection Specialist” as Subject line.
NAAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.