Salary: $52,633 - $63,128 per year Annually
Apply By: Dec 11, 2017
Under general supervision, provides professional administrative support in a variety of functions to an individual or department; provides support to Board of Directors; collects, reviews, and analyzes data and prepares reports, memorandums and presentation materials; responds to inquiries from external or internal sources; schedules and coordinates meetings, travel or related activities; capable of advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and other software skills; assists on a variety of bookkeeping and recordkeeping tasks; assists the Administrative Manager/CFO in all aspects of professional administrative functions as needed; performs related duties as assigned.
The Administrative Assistant II classification is responsible for performing professional administrative duties such as preparing agendas, minutes, memorandums, letters and various Board correspondences; provides necessary administrative support to management team; may assist with processing accounts payable, preparing bank deposits, fielding inquiries as needed. This position reports to the Administrative Manager/CFO. This position is subject to the general policies established by the Board of Directors.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares and distributes Board meeting agendas and packets, records and transcribes meeting minutes and directives prepares various Board correspondences; sets up meeting rooms; records and transcribes meeting minutes for other committee / board meetings as assigned.
- Performs other routine professional administrative duties as required including, but not limited to entering computer data, copying, scanning and filing documents, sending and receiving faxes, processing mail, organizing office procedures, ordering and maintaining office supplies, relaying communication and messages to field personnel, attending staff meetings and preparing staff meeting minutes.
- Capable of performing general bookkeeping duties for the Cachuma Operation and Maintenance Board in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to process accounts payable; prepare bank deposits; process wire transfers; purchase order and contract tracking; prepare a variety of routine reports, records, forms and spreadsheets as required.
- Performs various office support duties to assist in the coordination, processing and completion of routine and/or confidential professional administrative operations for COMB.
- Gathers information from a variety of sources for the completion of forms or preparation of reports; contacts individuals to obtain additional information.
- Prepares, processes and/or updates various charts, forms, records and other documents as necessary.
- Types, proofreads and/or edits various documents from drafts, notes, dictated tapes or brief instructions, which may include correspondence, reports, records, forms, meeting minutes, etc.; compose routine correspondence and other documents as required.
- Assists in updating and maintaining administrative manuals, policy creation and standard operating procedures.
- Establishes, maintains and updates accurate, complete records and files as assigned.
- Enters and retrieves computer data; generates routine computer reports and/or spreadsheets.
- Monitors and maintains agency website by updating on a regular basis with agenda’s and board packet material.
- Schedules and tracks grant and related document deadlines; prepares related charts.
- Makes travel arrangements, schedules meetings and arranges for meeting places as necessary for staff.
- May greet and assist office visitors; answer the telephone; provide accurate information and/or forwards calls to appropriate staff person; takes messages as necessary.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment, including computers, printers, typewriter, copier, adding machine, postage machine, fax machine, telephone, dictation machine, etc.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly work environment; ensures the proper and timely maintenance of office equipment.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
- Modern office practices, methods and procedures.
- Proficient in use of English language, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Report, memorandum and business letter writing techniques.
- All pertinent federal, state and county laws and regulations, agency policies and procedures pertaining to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Proficient in the use of various computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Modern methods, practices and procedures of record-keeping.
- Basic accounts payable processing.
- Basic mathematics.
- Learn, understand, interpret and apply policies and procedures, and pertinent federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations pertaining to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Multitask in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Showcase commitment to the mission and goals of the organization. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- High energy level, creativity and flexibility. Ability to work within a team environment.
- Communicate professionally and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Type, enter data and transcribe accurately and at speeds necessary for the successful completion of duties.
- Prepare and maintain accurate reports and records.
- Set priorities for and perform work in a busy office environment with periodic interruptions.
- Collect and compile data, and prepare reports using such data.
- Effectively use computer programs for administrative record-keeping and reporting.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Safely operate a variety of office equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality as required.
- Receive the public professionally in person or over the telephone.
Associate degree in business administration or closely related field preferred.
Four years of experience performing professional administrative and general office support work.
Possession of a valid California driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
Must pass a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening.
For full job description, requirements and application, visit our website at www.cachuma-board.org. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.