Overall Job Objective
Job Title: Supervising Nurse Practitioner - OB/GYN (Open & Promotional) Salary: $70.89 - $88.62 Hourly
$5,671.20 - $7,089.60 Biweekly
$12,287.60 - $15,360.80 Monthly
$147,451.20 - $184,329.60 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time Location: San Mateo, California Note: This recruitment schedule was amended on Thursday, November 9, 2017 to extend the Final Filing Date.Â This recruitment has been changed to "Continuous."NOTE: This recruitment schedule was amended on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 to extend the closing date. Final Closing Date will be Thursday, November 9,2017.
County of San Mateo Health System is excited to be able to offer a unique job opportunity to well-qualified individuals for the position of Supervising Nurse Practitioner
(Supervising NP) as part of the County of San Mateo Obstetrics and Gynecology team. This is a full-time
The successful hire will receive direction from theÂMedical Director of Specialty Care and will exercise supervision over assigned Obstetrics and Gynecology NPs, who are located in three clinics (San Mateo Main Campus, CoastsideÂClinic, and Fair Oaks Health Center). The supervisory scope includes quality improvement, program development, on-site and remote supervision of nurse practitioners, and continuing partnership with the contracted Obstetrics and Gynecology group. This classification is distinguished from the Nurse Practitioner Series for having full administrative supervisory responsibility over other Nurse Practitioners. Clinical supervision of assigned staff is provided by the medical director, supervising physician, contracted physician and/or manager.
The Practitioner will work within all clinical areas that serve our Obstetrics and Gynecology patients. Work may include both clinical and administration support throughout San Mateo Medical Center. San Mateo Medical Center is a fully accredited acute/long term care/teaching hospital whose vision is to help every patient live the healthiest life possible. We are an integrated health care delivery system offering primary care, specialty, ancillary, inpatient, long term care and emergency services connected through a unified leadership structure and integrated IT systems. We use Lean methodology as the core of all our improvement work and we strive to create a community of engaged problem solvers.
The ideal candidate
will have demonstrated skill and success in all or most of the following areas:
NOTE: The eligible listÂgenerated from this recruitment may be used to fill future extra-help, term, unclassified,Âand regular classifiedÂvacancies.
- Communication and Consensus Building: has experience bringing diverse viewpoints and stakeholders together successfully to accomplish goals, and commands the trust and respect of others.
- Vision, Initiative, and Innovation: has a keen interest in team based care and creating a positive patient experience, and has demonstrated innovation and initiative in realizing that vision.
- Project Management and Teamwork: has overseen and led complex projects and coordinated interdisciplinary teams.
- Supervision and mentoring:Âhas significant experience in supervising and mentoring others.
- At least two years of experience as a Practitioner, ideally in an Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic, a minimum of six months of lead or supervisory experience overseeing clinic care.
Examples Of Duties: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with our contracted Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician group in establishing and meeting quality metrics and goals for patient care
- Establishing workflow process andÂstandardizing the clinical practice throughout San Mateo Medical Center (SMMC) system.
- Supervise the Nurse Practitioners that work in the all Obstetrics and Gynecology clinics in SMMC, this includes selection, performance evaluation, and corrective action.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families, hospital staff, community organizations and others.
- Work with our Quality process (LEAP) to have meaningful, data driven improvements in work flow and quality.
- Work with Core team in each location to standardize and ensure best use of resources to meet patient quality care.
- Work with referring providers to improve referring patterns and communications throughout SMMC.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
ÂPrinciples of personnel training, supervision and evaluation, as well as hiring and selection; principles, practices and procedures used in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of common health problems as related to the clinical specialty; laws, statutes, codes, and regulations related to the specialty area which govern health service providers, and Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements; fundamentals of clinical medicine as related to the clinical specialty of the Clinic or Service; drugs commonly used in the area of specialty including the indications of their use, anticipated therapeutic effect, side effects and untoward reactions and contraindications; safety and infection control practices and procedures; normal and abnormal values of laboratory tests and their clinical significance; operations and care of medical equipment and instruments used in the area of specialty; laws and regulations pertinent to the practice of nursing and medicine applicable to assigned specialty; community resources and referral systems; and provisions of the Nurse Practice Act.ÂSkill/Ability to:
ÂSupervise and coordinate administrative and operational activities related to assigned clinic or program; coordinate activities with other departments or programs within the Medical Center and the County; direct and participate in the analysis of a wide variety of moderate to complex operational problems and make effective operational and/or procedural recommendations; interpret policies, guidelines and procedures; develop recommendations for improvements, as necessary; supervise, evaluate and train assigned personnel; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; assess the health status of patients; provide health care services including the taking of a complete medical history, doing complete physical examination and other related clinical procedures; identify and manage health problems common in the area of specialty; develop and implement treatment plans for patients according to policies and protocol; analyze and interpret health information/data including results of laboratory testing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, professional staff and others; follow safety practices and procedures; and maintain accurate records and preparing reports.Â Education and Experience :Â
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is three years of practice within specialty area or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Possession of a California license as a Registered Nurse.
- Possession of a California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) Nurse Practitioner Certification.
- Possession of a California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) Furnishing Number.
- Possession of a DEA Number.
Application/Examination: Open & Promotional. Anyone may apply.
Current San Mateo County and San Mateo County Superior Court employees with at least six months (1040 hours) of continuous service in a classified regular, probationary, SEIU or AFSCME represented extra-help/term position prior to the final filing date will receive five points added to their final passing score on this examination.
Thorough and detailed responses to the supplementalÂquestions must be submitted in addition to the standard San Mateo County employment application. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire. This is a continuous recruitment which may close at any time. The final filing date will be posted five days in advance on this job announcement.
The examination process will consist of an application screening (pass/fail) based on the candidate's application and responses to the supplemental questions. Candidates who pass the application screening will be invited to a panel interview (weight: 100%). Depending on the number of applicants, an application appraisal of education and experience may be used in place of other examinations, or further evaluation of work experience may be conducted to group applicants by level of qualification.Â Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the examination.Â All examinations will be given in San Mateo County, California, and applicants must participate at their own expense.
ÂApply immediately. This recruitment is open on a continuous basis and selections may be made at any time within the process.TENTATIVE RECRUITMENT SCHEDULEFinal Filing Date
: TBDApplication Screening:
TBDIMPORTANT: Applications for this position will only be accepted online.
If you are currently on the County's website, you may click the "Apply Online"
above or below. If you are not on the County's website, please go to http://jobs.smcgov.org
ÂCounty of San Mateo is an Equal Opportunity EmployerÂÂ
Analyst: Lillian Lilles (101217) (Supervising Nurse Practitioner - F008)
Keywords: Nurse, Supervisor, NP, Nurse Practitioner
To learn more about the position and/or to apply, please click the link below. If link is not available, please read the information above for detailed instructions on how to apply.