Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled facilities maintenance duties.
Example Of Duties
- Performs preventive and remedial maintenance of shop and bus or rail servicing equipment including bus washer systems and fueling stations
- Lays out and constructs structural framing, including walls, roofs, and stairs
- Installs, repairs, and replaces door jambs and doors, drop ceilings, drywall and partitions, builds concrete block fence foundations
- Repairs and replaces fence posts and chain link fences
- Performs design, fabrication and welding of a variety of parts and equipment
- Installs and maintains bus stop signs and paints and maintains bus zones
- Operates non-revenue Metro vehicles, weighing 26,001 or more pounds requiring a Class A license, for positions assigned to Bus Property Maintenance in order to transport heavy equipment such as dozer, loader/backhoe, and articulating loader, to various divisions, terminals and layover zones
- Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Requirements For Employment
- 1 year full-time experience performing carpentry, facilities construction and maintenance work or mechanical and hydraulic equipment maintenance; AND
- 2 years of full-time training or education at a recognized trade school or approved apprenticeship program in a directly related area
- Valid California Class C driver's license
- Valid California Class A driver's license for positions assigned to Bus Property Maintenance
- Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis
- Methods, equipment, materials, and safety procedures of applicable crafts
- Shop math
- Vehicle operations and safety
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled facilities maintenance duties in the applicable crafts
- Read blueprints and schematics
- Safely operate a variety of hand tools and power equipment
- Safely operate non-revenue Metro vehicles
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Work at heights up to 40 feet
- Lift and move objects weighing up to 75 pounds
- Travel to offsite locations within a reasonable timeframe
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply, visit Metro's website at www.metro.net and complete an online Employment Application.
Computers are available to complete online Employment Applications at the following Metro location:
METRO Headquarters, Employment Office
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Telephone: (213) 922-6217 or persons with hearing or speech impairments can use California Relay Service 711 to contact Metro.
All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. (EJ)
*Open to the public and all Metro employeesThis job bulletin is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
Closing Date/Time: 26-FEB-18
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.