Department:Transportation Public Works
The City of Fort Worth seeks an experienced civil engineer to lead the traffic engineering development review function in the Transportation and Public Works Department (TPW). This position will provide direct support to the TPW Development Services Manager and will assist in the implementation of the City of Fort Worth Complete Streets Policy.
The ideal candidate will be a transportation engineer by training with an in-depth knowledge of: the integration of transportation and land use policy and practice; performance measures; design and review of traffic studies associated with private development; rough proportionality; development plans and roadway geometric design; the Complete Streets concept; the design and/or review of multi-modal transportation projects; and construction plan design and review. Additionally, this position will solicit and manage professional services; develop and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives; and continuously evaluate the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of the development review team through the use of performance measures; and manage projects as needed. This position requires a self-starting, detail-oriented engineering professional with excellent writing, oral communication, research, customer service, technical and organizational skills. The following education and/or experience are the minimum standards which provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position:
Preference may be given for additional education, knowledge, experience and/or certification as it relates to the position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field and three years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer of which two years must be within or related to Traffic Engineering.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid Texas driver's license.
- Knowledge of and expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- Municipal Government experience
- Traffic Engineering Operations and Safety Programs experience
- Knowledge of the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (TMUTCD)
- Community meeting experience
- PTOE certification
- Transportation Planning experience
- Traffic Analysis Tools: Synchro, AutoCad, MicroStation
- Complete Street Design experience
- Construction plan design and review experience
- Performance measurement experience
- Office management abilities
- Budget management experience
- Supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communications skills
Closing Date/Time: 2/28/18