The County of Solano seeks a Director for the Department of General Services who has exemplary management and communication skills to head a multi-disciplined department. The position offers a fast paced, diverse range of programs and projects that need the leadership of an individual who understands and demonstrates leadership abilities in facilities management, capital project administration, public agency support and customer service. The Director of General Services will be a multi-disciplined professional with exemplary management and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will bring knowledge of public administration and/or facilities management, be innovative and be able to lead and impact a department of 107 full-time staff, including facilities, capital projects, purchasing, grounds and custodial services, fleet, courier/mail service and records management.
The ideal candidate will have a proven leadership record, and comprehensive experience that has led to the acquisition of knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to lead the Department of General Services to effectively support all 18 County Departments.
Top candidates for consideration will thrive in a fast-paced, robust environment and will recognize the need to respond to the diverse needs of a public agency. A strong customer service orientation is paramount. The successful candidate will also be an agent of change and organizational improvement – aware of best practices and constantly exploring new ways to increase levels of efficiency and customer satisfaction. A decisive, innovative leader with outstanding interpersonal skills, the successful candidate will excel in strategic planning and consensus development.
The Director of General Services is a key member of the County Administrative Officer’s (CAO) executive management team, who also oversees the management team of the Nut Tree Airport, a co-generation plant, capital improvement projects, facilities, property management, space planning, purchasing, and fleet management, and demonstrates proven financial management, leadership and strong communication skills.
Key responsibilities of the Director include:
• Providing expert insight and collaborative guidance to the CAO, executive team, and stakeholders;
• Providing ongoing management and oversight of a broad range of operations and support services related to real estate, facilities management, fleet maintenance and other areas;
• Developing and instilling a customer service focused organizational culture to ensure County operating departments receive responsive and efficient support services;
• Defining and implementing strategic initiatives to minimize redundancy, effectively utilize facilities, preserve county assets and maximize the County’s return on investments;
• Soliciting ongoing feedback and establishing performance objectives to ensure the highest standards of service are maintained;
• Making presentations to the Board of Supervisors;
• Selecting, training and evaluating the performance of management staff;
• Coordinating preparation of annual budget requests from each division and submitting consolidated budget requests for the Department – continuously monitoring budget expenditures and revenues; and,
• Coordinating and negotiating with other governmental agencies on behalf of the County to share information, resolve problems and achieve County objectives.
For a review of the complete job description visit: Jobsatsolanocounty.com
• Bachelor’s degree required; Masters highly desirable
• Minimum 10 years progressively responsible professional level experience
Send resume with cover letter detailing experience leading a multi-disciplined team including budgetary experience, staffing levels, and major accomplishments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Review: July 9, 2018
Contact: Jeannine Seher at (707) 784-3406 email@example.com
Marc Fox at (707) 784-2552 firstname.lastname@example.org