Summary WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named "The #1 Best Place to Live in America." Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That's why we exist. OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-generated values - Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment. SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for providing assistance and support in the administration of delivering quality customer service. This position performs duties that include in-person and/or over the telephone customer communication. A level of integrity, dependability, and a strong sense of urgency with proven results is expected. Responsibilities include but not limited to: create first and last impressions with customers, answer phones, customer correspondence, provide facility tours, and use a computerized registration system with cash handling operations. Must have a comfort level working directly with the public. This position also provides assistance and support in the supervision of recreation programs and facility operations.Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meets and greets citizens and members of the public, and ensures the smooth operation of the front desk area, providing courteous and efficient service.
- Maintains friendly customer service in all situations.
- Performs and assists with computerized registration, correspondence, public relations, record keeping and reports.
- Answers telephones, provides information, and conducts facility tours.
- Adheres to assigned work schedules as assigned.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Assists with programming, special events and rentals.
- Promotes facilities, programs and services when in contact with Members and Guests.
- Conducts oneself at all times in a manner of professionalism that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of City of McKinney.
- Adhere to all written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, and oral instructions, etc.
- Resolve customer questions/complaints
- Maintains a balanced cash drawer at each shift.
- Arrive to work every day, on time as scheduled.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Demonstrate a collaborative and flexible style and ability to work under time pressure.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Required Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-workers, subordinates and customers with respect.
- Ability to tactfully resolve issues with customers and colleagues even when under pressure.
- Build professional relationships with internal staff and customers.
- Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- The ability to treat co-workers and customers with respect.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Must have a minimum of 2 years customer service experience. Must have knowledge and understanding of computer functions and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, etc). Must have cash handling skills, and ability to manage a register. CPR/AED/First Aid certified (or obtain within 30 days of employment)Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bi-lingual in Spanish CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Physical Demands/Supplemental PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must pass a drug screen, job placement assessment, and background check.
- Must have Class C Texas Driver's License
- No visible body piercing or tattoos.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort involving some combination of kneeling, crouching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (20-50 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station. Some tasks require visual/sound perception/discrimination and oral communication ability.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous