DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
TRPH4850-2 VACANCY INFORMATION
Tuberculosis Control Program
2615 South Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90007
The Senior Health Educator (Sr. HE) is supervised by the Tuberculosis Control Program (TBCP) Education and Evaluation Unit Nurse Manager. The Sr. HE focuses on activities toward achieving TBCP goals within the framework of the Department of Public Health (DPH) and TBCP Strategic Plan in collaboration with Community Health Services (CHS), federal and state funding sources, and community partners. The Sr. HE will be headquartered at the TBCP office and in the performance of routine duties, may travel to various agencies.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of education and training sponsored by TBCP and summarizes these outcomes in annual reports.
- Engages stakeholders in the assessment and prioritization of training needs for licensed public and private healthcare providers, community health services and targeted community agencies.
- Works with TBCP Exec. staff to coordinate, develop training content and facilitate 7-10 tuberculosis (TB) Continuing Medical Education events annually per ACCME guidelines.
- Establishes, engages and sustains a TB Coalition/Advisory Board of medical providers, community agencies and politically oriented partners to execute annual World TB Day events and strategic planning activities.
- Collaborates with the Curry International TB Center (CITC) to leverage resources for TB education and training; serves on the California TB Controller's Association (CTCA) conference planning committee and participates in the CITC western regional phone conferences.
- Composes written reports on human resource development, drafts position statements for legislative initiatives and media communications, and articles for publication.
- Serves as the TBCP Focal Point for Education and Training and may attend local, state and national conferences (CTCA, TB ETN) and presents or submits posters/abstract of LAC activities /outcomes.
- Serves as the TBCP Medi-Cal Administrative Activities (MAA) Coordinator.
- Supervises a HE and may provide oversight for graduate health education student internships.
- Serves as an expert speaker providing TB in-services for non-licensed professional staff and various community groups and political representatives.
Requirements Must currently be a permanent Los Angeles County employee who holds the payroll item of Senior Health Educator.
Interested employees who currently hold the payroll title of Sr. Health Educator are invited to submit: cover letter, resume, last two (2) years performance evaluations and attendance records to:April King-ToddPhone
- Minimum 2 yrs. experience as a Health Educator.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, action plans and adhere to deadlines.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office software.
- Innovative systems thinker.
(213) 745-0832 Email: email@example.com