DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
FIRST FILING DATE: 01-06-16 at 8:00 A.M., P.S.T.
Until the needs of the services are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.EXAM NUMBER: Y5812H
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT - OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITYDEFINITION:
Exercises technical and administrative supervision over a nuclear medicine section employing radioisotope detectors; radiation counting equipment and associated wet laboratory tests to produce graphic and numerical results for the diagnosis of pathological conditions.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedules, assigns and rotates technologists to the various work procedures and posts to obtain maximum staff flexibility and to assure operational continuity of service.
- Performs quality control of imagery by referring to physicians orders for prescribed procedures, checking computer program selection, patient handling techniques, machine settings, calculations and documentation of test results, and provides corrective feedback to technicians.
- Conveys information to nursing personnel of other departments and hospitals regarding scheduling patients for nuclear medicine procedure, preparation of patients, and post test patient care in accordance with established protocol.
- Evaluates work performance, interviews for hire, recommends first level resolution of employee relation's problems, counsels employees and prepares performance evaluations.
- Posts revisions ofradionuclidetests authorized by a physician, implements changes in operations and maintains a current procedure manual.
- Prepares statistical reports of test completions and reports of operational status of equipment to substantiate budgetary requests for equipment and personnel.
- Checks operation of scanning equipment by elimination procedure to determine need for vendor service or other less expensive maintenance, and directs the ordering and storage of supplies to ensure operational continuity of the nuclear medicine section.
- Orients resident physicians and visiting professional and technical personnel from other hospitals in nuclear medicine procedures and the use of computer linked radiation detectors, gamma radiation counters, cameras, and videotapes.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
Four (4) years ofexperience performing nuclear medicine technological procedures at the level of Nuclear Medicine Technologist I* under the direction of a qualified physician in a clinical nuclear medicine facility.LICENSE:
A current and valid Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health.
A current certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Nuclear Medicine (ARRT-NM) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB).PHYSICAL CLASSIII - Moderate:
Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds. SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION
Please be sure to write the title of your required license, certificate, and/or permit, the number, date of issued, date of expiration and the name of the issuing agency as specified in the Selection Requirements. Attached a legible photocopy of the required license, certificate, and/or permit of compliance to your applicationat the time of filing or fax the required evidence to us within 15 calendar days from the date of filing your application online.
Applications submitted without the required license, certificate, and/or permit will be considered incomplete until such information is provided. The original license, certificate, and/or permit must be presented during the selection process and prior to appointment.The required license, certificate, and/or permit MUST be current and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license will NOT be accepted.
*Experience at the level of Nuclear Medicine Technologist I in Los Angeles County is defined as: performs routine static and dynamic organ radioisotope scanning and associated routine wet laboratory procedures to produce graphic and numerical results for the diagnosis of pathological conditions.
**In order to receive credit for Master degree, you must attach a copy of your diploma or official transcript with your application at time filingor fax to us with 15 calendar days from the date of filing your application online. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Master's degree** from an accredited university.
- Experience in teaching Nuclear Medicine Technology Program at a Nuclear Medicine Technologist School.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT
This examination will consist of an evaluation of experience and desirable qualifications based on application information, weighted 100%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on this examination to be added to the eligible register.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
Applications will be processed on an"as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.NO PERSON MAY COMPETE IN THIS EXAMINATION MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWELVE (12) MONTHS.VACANCY INFORMATION
The eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout the Department of Health Services as they occur.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATIONAPPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment
from Class Specification and Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the REQUIREMENTS.
Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you must fax them to (323) 869-0942 or e-mail the documents to the exam analyst, within 15 calendar days of filing online. Please include the exam number and the exam title. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
All applications must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-000, 111-11-111. etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.DEPARTMENT CONTACT
Germine Margosian,Exam Analyst
GMargosian@dhs.lacounty.govADA COORDINATOR PHONE
(323) 914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE