DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
5050 Commerce Drive
Baldwin Park, CA 90022
Essential Job Functions
The position allocated to this class reports to the Chief EHS of Program Planning and duties are not limited to:
- Coordinates lead awareness training activities to community groups, local businesses, governmental agencies and professional organizations.
- Attends meetings with various government agencies and community groups to encourage primary prevention of lead poisoning.
- Conducts inspections for children with elevated blood lead levels to identify possible environmental sources and assure appropriate interventions.
- Collects samples of paint, water, soil, dust, dishware, toys and other items and submit them for lab analysis for lead content.
- Utilizes XRF testing device to identify lead levels in paint/dust/soil.
- Investigates complaints of unsafe lead work practices and issues Stop Work Orders.
- Participates in scheduled outreach activities at night and on weekends.
- Informs and educates families how to minimize or avoid exposure to environmental lead hazards and to report unsafe work practices.
- Identifies problems requiring intra-agency and interagency cooperation and work toward solutions of joint problems.
- Attends seminars and conferences which are designed to update lead related professionals on policies and procedures, new requirements, current issues, and new technologies.
- Conducts research and special projects as needed.
- Becomes State DPH certified as Lead-Related construction Inspector Assessor.
- Monitors properties to ensure that only safe lead practices are utilized.
- Participates in hardware and home improvement store outreach.
- Participates in local Lead Program or EH committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A valid California Class C Driver's License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential job functions.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Must be able to write complete comprehensive inspection reports, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, sit, stand, walk, reach above shoulder, grasp, push and pull, to carry out job-related essential job functions at various locations.
Requirements Must currently be a permanent Los Angeles County employee who holds the payroll title of Environmental Health Specialist III.
To be considered email the following information to
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self- motivated.
- Be able to work independently and as a team-player.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Be flexible in work assignments.
- Have strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Be able to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
Administrative Liaison Unit Phone:
- Request for Lateral Transfer form
- Last two performance evaluations
- Prime Variance time history report for the last 24 months