This is a Non-Permanent, Part-Time position.
The City of Huntington Beach is accepting applications for positions assigned to the City's beach parking operation and downtown parking facility.
- Applicants MUST be at least 18 years of age or older.
- These are temporary, part-time positions working various shifts, including late evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Must have previous cash handling experience.
Temporary/part-time employment is restricted to 1,000 hours within a 12-month period (July 1 - June 30) and does not qualify to receive City benefits, except those required by law. The City does not belong to the Social Security system. However, enrollment in an alternative retirement program is mandatory which requires an employee contribution of 7½% of base earnings to the Public Agency Retirement System (PARS). There are no rights to employment and employment may end with or without cause or advance notice. Further restrictions apply to CalPERS Retired Annuitants.
Examples of Essential Duties
Under supervision, performs a variety of routine and semi-skilled tasks in the beach parking facility, such as:
- Receives monies from patrons and provides change when necessary.
- Maintains accurate account of revenue collected within the parking facility.
- Maintains records of all autos entering the facility.
- Answers questions from the public and performs some light maintenance.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The City at its discretion, may add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed.
Typical Qualifications ABILITIES:
- Perform basic mathematical calculations with accuracy.
- Follow written and oral directions.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with the public.
- Operate cashiering equipment.
- Provide quality customer service.
- At least 18 years of age or older.
- Some high school and previous cash handling experience or related cash handling training.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, late nights and various weekly shifts.
- Must have a valid CA Driver's License at time of appointment.
Employees regularly assigned/required to drive a city or personal vehicle in the course and scope of work shall be required to participate in the DMV Employer Pull Notice program due to the performance of field duties that may require operation of a City vehicle. APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:
PLEASE NOTE: Our primary means of communication with applicants is sent via email; therefore, please include a valid email address on your application.
- An official City of Huntington Beach on-line job application must be filled out in its entirety.
- Applications will be reviewed and those applicants best meeting the City's needs will be invited to a written math test (scored on a pass/fail basis). Those passing the written test will be invited to a hiring interview from which appointments may be made.
- Upon a conditional offer of employment a pre-placement drug screen (select positions), TB Screening and California Department of Justice (DOJ) Live Scan fingerprinting must be completed with acceptable results.
- Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting from DOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
- Other background reports may also be conducted.
Physical Tasks & Environmental Conditions SPECIAL CONDITIONS Public Employee Disaster Service Worker:
In accordance with Government Code Section 3100, all Huntington Beach city employees are required to perform assigned disaster service worker duties in the event of an emergency or a disaster.