Under general supervision, to operate a school bus over designated routes to transport students; to assist general servicing and cleaning of school buses; and to do related work, as required.Essential Functions:
- Drives a school bus daily, or as assigned, over designated routes
- Picks up and discharges school children in accordance with time schedules and with due regard for safety
- Escorts children across streets when necessary
- Transports students and teachers on field trips to various locations
- Inspects bus prior to operation for safety purposes
- Keeps bus clean and reports any mechanical defects
- Maintains good order and discipline among the passengers
- Follows District policies regarding student control and contact with the parents and citizens
- Maintains daily record of assigned route and bus operation
- Completes daily reports on the condition of the bus
- Drive a school bus and other automotive equipment safely and efficiently
- Read, write and follow oral and writteninstructions
- Learn the proper methods of automotivemaintenance work
- Work cooperatively with those contacted in thecourse of work
Education & Experience Requirements: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Safe driving practices
- Provisions of the California Motor Vehicle Codeand the Education Code applicable to the operation of vehicles intransporting school student
- Basic preventive maintenance requirements ofautomotive equipment
- First Aid practices
- Safety state licensing requirements for school bus driver
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade or informal education sufficient to ensure ability to perform job duties
Six months of experience as a bus driver or one year of truck driving or reasonable equivalent LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid and current California Class A or B Commercial Driver License with appropriate passenger, school bus and air brake endorsements
Valid California Special Driver Certificate issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for school bus drivers
Valid Medical Examiner's Certificate
Valid First Aid and Certificate (as required) issued by an authorized agency
Good DMV driving record and ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance policy
Incumbents in this classification are subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements
Applicants are required to submit with their application an H-6 DMV report obtained within the past 30 days, and must be enrolled in the DMV Pull Program if employed
Department of Justice fingerprint clearance through the California Highway PatrolSelection Process:
The examination process for this recruitment may be comprised of one or any combination of the following: screening of the applicant's training, background, and experience; scored evaluation of responses on a supplemental application; written examination(s); qualifications appraisal oral examination; performance examination; or technical oral examination, scored on a job-related basis. Only the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the examination process. Successful candidates who pass all parts of the examination process will be placed on the eligibility list in order of their relative merit as determined by these competitive examinations.Applicants invited to advance in this recruitment
, theexam and interview dates are currently as follows:
Written Examination - To be determined
Oral Board Interview - To be determined
Exam Locations will be announced in the invite email.
Dates are tentative, but it is highly recommended that you plan your calendar accordingly. No Make-up dates will be offered.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The duration of the eligibility list is one (1) year unless extended by the Personnel Commission.
Recruitments that list Promotional and Open Competitive
opportunities may result in one of the following: 1) a dual-certified eligibility list in which internal employees of the San Lorenzo Unified School District are awarded seniority points to their final passing score before placement on the eligibility list, or 2) two separate eligibility lists consisting of candidates on a promotional only list and an open list. In the latter case, candidates on the promotional list are referred to the hiring authority before candidates on the open. However, where less than three ranks exist on the promotional list, the open list will be utilized to complete a total of three ranks.
ADDITIONAL SALARY INFORMATION Get $1000 Hiring BonusPay
San Lorenzo Unified School District will pay $1000 hiring bonus for certified Type I air brake certified school bus drivers.
- $ 500 upon successful hire
- $ 500 after successful completion of your 6 month probation.
- Full time/10 month employment
- Benefit package (Medical, Dental,Vision and State PERS retirement)
- Paid holidays