Salary: $17.63 - $21.43 Hourly
Recreation Assistant (part-time, temporary)
Paratransit Driver (part-time, temporary) $17.63 - $21.43 per hour Open Until Filled The POSITION: The Paratransit Program seeks part-time, temporary Paratransit Drivers to transport seniors and disabled residents in the local area. This position requires a Class B Driver's License with all appropriate endorsements. The program is based out of the Pleasanton Senior Center, 5353 Sunol Boulevard, Pleasanton. Basic duties include:
• Drive a City-owned bus or other suitable vehicle transporting seniors and persons with disabilities
• Maintain accurate trip records
• Provide door-to-door assistance to passengers, as necessary, to include carrying passenger's packages and other belongings
• Collect tickets/punch passes
• Provide passengers with information regarding senior and disabled services
• Administer first aid, if necessary
• Perform routine safety checks of vehicles; documents and reports safety or mechanical problems The ideal candidate will possess:
• Comfort level working with senior citizens and/or disabled persons
• Familiarity with the Tri-Valley area is desirable
• CPR, AED and First Aid certification Knowledge of:
• Simple accounting tasks and record keeping
• Paratransit operations, emergency and safety protocols Skill to:
• Provide door-to-door assistance, which includes lifting/pushing wheelchair clients up ramps, and carrying passenger's packages and belongings
• Work independently under supervision of Recreation Coordinator and Dispatch Staff The Selection Process: Applicants must submit a City application and current DMV driving record. The most qualified applicants will be invited for an interview. A reference check will be conducted prior to making an offer. Prior to starting employment, the selected applicants must provide a copy of a certificate showing that he/she has undergone and successfully cleared a tuberculosis test within the past two years, or undergo a tuberculosis test arranged by the City. Applicants will also be required to undergo and successfully pass a physical exam, and fingerprint check by the City prior to starting employment. If you are interested in these positions, please complete the City Application available at http://www.cityofpleasantonca.gov/gov/depts/hr/jobs/default.asp. If you have questions about this position, you may contact Julie Parkinson, Recreation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 931-5366. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The Division: The Youth and Human Services Division includes early childhood education programs; Gingerbread Preschool; teen programs and activities; Recreation for Adults with Developmental Disabilities (RADD); Senior programs and Pleasanton Paratransit Services. Pleasanton Paratransit Driver Program Driver Recruitment Guidelines As an interested applicant for the Paratransit Driver position, please note the following procedures: A. Interested Candidates must submit the following:
• A copy of the current Class B California Driver's License with all appropriate endorsements.
• City of Pleasanton employment application which is available at: http://www.cityofpleasantonca.gov/gov/depts/hr/jobs/default.asp
• Current (within four (4) weeks) Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) driver record information form B. Applications will be screened for the following qualifications and abilities and those individuals that best qualify will be invited to an interview:
• Experience working with senior citizens and/or disabled persons.
• Ability to complete simple accounting tasks and record keeping.
• An understanding of Paratransit operations, emergency and safety protocols.
• Ability to provide door-to- door assistance, which includes lifting/pushing the equivalent of 50 lbs. for wheelchair clients up ramps, and carrying passenger's packages and belongings.
• Knowledge of the Livermore /Amador Valley area.
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with City and outside agency personnel. C. After interview and prior to hire, candidates will complete the following:
• Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprint test
• Pre-employment Physical
• TB test
• AmericanRed Cross certification in CPR, First Aid, and AED
Closing Date/Time: Continuous