Summary WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named "The #1 Best Place to Live in America." Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That's why we exist. OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-generated values - Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment as a high performance organization.JOB SUMMARY
The Recreation Aide is responsible for providing assistance and support in the supervision of recreation programs, operations, and facilities of the recreation center. Duties will include: Meet and greet the public.Maintain friendly customer service in all situations.Answer telephones and provide information to the public.Have comfort level working with the general public under high traffic situations. Assist with computerized registration, correspondence, public relations, record keeping and reports.Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment. Protect and supervise facilities and patrons. Assist with programming or conducting activities and special events for the general population as required.Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Comply with all written City policies and procedures.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in City and department attendance policies and procedures.
- Transports patrons by vehicle to various events as needed.
- Meets and greets public.
- Maintains friendly customer services in all situations.
- Answers telephones and provides information to the public.
- Assists with computerized registration, correspondence, public relations, record keeping and reports.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Protects and supervises facilities and patrons.
- Set-Up / Break-Down recreational and program equipment for events and activities.
- Assists with programming and special events.
Required Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- The ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-workers, subordinates and customers with respect.
- Build professional relationships with internal staff and customers.
- Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of computer functions and Microsoft Word.
- Some knowledge of planning, operating recreational programs and facilities.
- Knowledge of applicable safety guidelines and preventative measures.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Ability to work holidays, weekends and nights as needed.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required and six (6) months previous experience and/or training working with the public or recreation programs. Valid driver's license with good driving record or ability to obtain and maintain while employed.Must be available to work evenings and weekends. Must have current CPR/First Aid and AED certificate or obtain upon employment. Must have knowledge and understanding of computer functions and Microsoft Office.Some knowledge of planning, operating recreation programs and facilities helpful.Some knowledge of applicable safety guidelines and preventive measures. Schedule will include nights and weekends on a regular basis.Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Physical Demands/Supplemental PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must pass a drug screen, driving record check, and background check.
- Must have a valid Texas Class C driver's license.
There are physical activities that will be necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, including:Talking and hearing frequently; Between one and two-thirds of the time:Sitting; Reaching with hands and arms.Less than one-third of the time:Standing; Walking; Using one's hands to touch, handle or feel objects; Climbing or balancing; Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling; The ability to lift and/or exert force up to twenty-five (25) pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENT
There is limited exposure to environmental conditions. SUPPLEMENTAL
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval.They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position.Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Closing Date/Time: 3/1/2019 5:00 PM Central