This is a continuous recruitment for an applicant pool to fill part-time/seasonal Site Leader - Outdoor Recreation vacancies on an as needed basis. The City will refer to the pool of part-time applications on file, as needed, to fill vacancies. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position will remain in the pool for 12 months.
Under general supervision, serves as direct on-site supervisor of part-time employees and program participants at the facilities and/or open spaces where Outdoor Recreation programs, activities and events are delivered; provides customer service and assistance to participants, guests, and spectators; enforces rules, and assures programs, events, and services are delivered in a safe and secure manner; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
These positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson. Work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATIONDocuments Required at the Time of Application:
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of application or promotion.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience working in recreation programs, preferably in a sports or outdoor recreation environment.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain (and maintain) American Red Cross First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certifications within the first three (3) months of hire.
- Incumbents may be required to obtain specific technical certifications, licenses and registrations.
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireSELECTION PROCESSNOTE: You will be contacted by e-mail if you are moving forward in the assessment process. Once you apply, almost all communication regarding the status of your application will be by email, so please add noreply @governmentjobs.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click "Application Status". It is not necessary to contact the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application.
The selection process will consist of an employment application package screening. The best qualified candidates may be invited to participate further in the assessment process. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.