Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
The Director of Physical Health is responsible for the operations of Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center’s (LCHD/CHC’s) Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) to ensure proper administration and management of the FQHC clinics. This position has day-to-day leadership and management oversight of all FQHC operations and assures high quality care with measurable key performance indicators and the agency’s clinical compliance.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Skills and Experience
- In-depth, working knowledge of FQHC administration and operations, with a strong emphasis on and understanding of strategic planning, financial management, quality assessment and improvement, human resource management, and patient/provider/community relations.
- Experience as a senior level executive in an FQHC (e.g., COO or equivalent), external relationship management, and broad leadership responsibilities.
- Seasoned and skillful leader with a record of recruiting, developing, and mentoring a diverse and talented staff. A person who places a high priority on the professional development of staff through delegation of responsibility and expert mentorship.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to FQHC’s.
- Experience maintaining compliance with accrediting bodies (e.g., The Joint Commission).
- Strong data analytic and forecasting skills must be demonstrated and utilized.
- Ability to establish and enhance working relationships with community, governmental and professional health personnel, federal and state officials, and the public.
- Ability to comprehend and implement program planning, personnel management, budget development and monitoring.
- Basic knowledge of Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) and Substance Use Prevention and Recovery (SUPR) operations.
- Working knowledge of NextGen or other electronic health record and other computer operations and software (Microsoft Office), and proficient keyboard skills.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health, Public or Business Administration preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least five years of senior-level/director-level FQHC management experience (e.g., COO or equivalent).
- Experience with the management of multisite physical health operations.
- Demonstrated competence and success in managing operational results, financial operations, business planning and development.
- Knowledge of Federal and State rules, regulations, accreditation standards, and statutes governing FQHC’s.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.