The City is seeking candidates for seasonal positions to perform entry level labor duties as assigned in various city buildings and city parks. Some examples of entry level work include but is not limited to grass cutting , weed whipping, shoveling snow, salting walkways, and moving fixtures and equipment. Work is performed in environments that may have extreme temperatures. The normal work week consists of shifts from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours can be adjusted by the General foreman due to operational needs. Employees in this position are required to be available for emergency overtime through the year including weekends and /or holidays. Employees are required to wear proper attire and protective gear.
The requirements for the position are as follows:
- Operate a commercial riding lawn mower
- Operate various tools to maintain landscaping
- Possess a valid driver's license and maintain throughout employment
- 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Snow plowing, grass cutting, landscape install, and irrigation install experience preferred
- MDA Commercial Pesticide Applicator License preferred
Upon satisfactory completion of thirty days of employment, hourly rate may be increased to $12.00 an hour.