The City of Taylor is seeking candidates for a children's summer program with experience working with children, customer service, and creating and implementing day to day activities for children to serve as a City of Taylor Summer Camp Team Member for the Taylor Recreation Center. A Summer Camp Team Member provides a safe, fun, and clean environment, organizes and participates in games and activities for children, as well as completes assigned daily tasks, and reports to the Summer Camp Supervisors and the Parks and Recreation Manager. POSITION SUMMARY:
Participation and attentiveness in the Summer Camp operations, maintaining children's safety and building cleanliness, as well as implement day to day games and activities for children ages 5-12 years old, while sustaining positive relationships with camp members and their families. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Key Tasks and Responsibilities; other duties may be assigned by the Summer Camp Supervisors, Parks and Recreation Manager and/or designee)
- Implement and organize fun and entertaining activities and games for the campers.
- Monitor and interact with children to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the toys, other children, and surroundings.
- Clean and maintain the Child Center by following the cleaning checklist and performing assigned tasks.
- Exhibit outstanding customer service by developing and maintaining positive relationships with campers and their families.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to stand and maintain a suitable energy for period up to (6) hours in length and withstand long walks for weekly field trips.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and squat frequently to participate and conduct activities with the camp children during camp hours as well as properly clean and maintain the Child Center area.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to camp children, employees, and camp families.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to operate the day to day program and to accomplish the daily and weekly required tasks. Required to work early mornings and evening hours as needed.
- Must be able to work efficiently in outdoor environments and extreme temperatures
- Experience working with children
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, field trip guidelines, procedure manuals, and staff instructions. Ability to speak and communicate effectively with staff members, parents, and children. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to perform addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication. Ability to calculate figures and amount such as fees and balances. Ability to read and manage customer account balances. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The City of Taylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer