About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.4 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
Denver International Airport is seeking a seasoned Director of Facility Projects to become a key member of the Airport Infrastructure Management (AIM) leadership team.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an experienced high-level performer with a passion for leadership. In this role you will have a great level of autonomy, and the opportunity to lead a group of high performing professionals. You will provide strategic leadership to a team of Architects, Engineers, and Project Managers; motivate and develop people; and ensure all staff members are equipped with the tools and resources needed to accomplish the goals of the airport. This is a challenging opportunity that commands a leader who is committed to excellence, delivering excellent customer service, championing continuous improvement, and ensuring the facilities meet the needs of the airport and our customers. This role oversees portions of the CIP initiatives and O&M budgets; transforms ideas into actual projects and anticipates when to initiate projects; implements standards, design standard manuals, master specifications, policies and procedures.
Additional job duties include:
- Develops annual and multi-year work plans and strategies to meet business needs. Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards to ensure success.
- Communicates business and work area plans and goals to managers and supervisors to secure buy-in. Reviews, approves, and implements recommended changes to plans and leads the development of process and operational improvements.
- Develops and monitors the budget and oversees financial well-being by analyzing cost effectiveness. Prioritizes and allocates resources to achieve strategies. Utilizes resources to develop or expand services and/or operation. Ensures resources are utilized appropriately and do not exceed the established budget without approval.
- Resolves sensitive, and at times confidential, and controversial issues by making decisions that are inclusive of multiple perspectives. Resolves escalated employee and customer complaints including long-term resolutions in problem areas.
- Represents the division/department in meetings with elected and appointed officials, other city entities, and state and federal agencies. Serves as the airport's representative with a variety of public, business, and community organizations. Fosters collaborative relationships to the benefit of the organization.
- Reviews and approves performance metrics established by supervisors and managers.
- Coaches, mentors, and challenges staff. Champions continuous improvement, including devising new strategies and new opportunities. Sets performance standards for the division and ensure operations achieve or exceed performance metrics.
- Demonstrates personal accountability, responsibility, and initiative, and holds staff to same standards.
- Builds effective teams, encourages zealous debate and dialogue, encourages strengths and addresses deficiencies.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of progressive experience with Program and Project Management of Facility (vertical) projects. Some experience with aviation management is desired
- Aviation construction experience at a major international airport
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with innovative program and project delivery methods such as design-build, CM/GC and other alternative delivery methods
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Architecture and three (3) years of experience supervising licensed engineers or architects.
- No substitution of experience for education is permitted.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience requirements.
- Requires a Colorado Class "R" Driver's License by the completion of probation.
- Requires registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) by the Colorado State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers at the time of application. Or requires registration as an Architect by the Colorado State Board of Registration at the time of application.
- Registration in another state will be accepted in lieu of this requirement, provided that the applicant has Colorado registration at completion of probation.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Extended Work Hours / Snow Duties / Emergency Incidents: Mandatory extended/additional hours can be required, as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation, includes nights, weekends and holidays. Additionally, this position is required to work mandatory snow duties which vary and also include nights, weekends and holidays.About Everything Else
CE2781 Manager Engineer-Architect
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $108,066.00 - $172,906.00
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here