Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Evaluates and assesses clients. Prepares and implements treatment plans with clients. Provides therapeutic and supportive services to clients, including individual, group, and family counseling and case management. In residential programs, responsible for unit coverage and emergency telephone interventions. Counseling duties are generally office based, case management activities are generally community based.
Location: 3002 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Every Friday (12:00pm - 8:30pm) and every other Saturday and Sunday (8:00am - 4:30pm)
Skills and Experience
- Provides direct services to clients including organizing and facilitating individual and group treatment and activities, supervision of the milieu and case management and outreach.
- Develops clients’ abilities to problem-solve interpersonal conflicts.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful manner. Displays positive attitudes and behaviors in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Focuses on client empowerment and evidence-based practices in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffings on assigned clients. Reports client progress, behavior problems or need for medication evaluation to program supervisors/physicians/psychiatrists regularly.
- Must meet minimum productivity expectations.
Crisis and Respite Counselor
- Conducts emergency assessments of clients arriving at the Crisis Unit.
- Provides crisis intervention to stabilize clients and refers them to the most appropriate continuing care in conjunction with case coordinators.
- Facilitates group and individual counseling
- Provides Case Management services
- Provides crisis counseling on the phone and in-person
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- With an Associate’s degree with an emphasis in behavioral sciences or related field, three years of experience is required, or
- With a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or related field, one year of experience is required.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.