Salary: $7,663.07 - $9,311.47 Monthly
ANNOUNCES EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR Police Officer Academy Graduate Full-Time POSITION: $44.21 - $53.72 per hour Filing Deadline: Continuous Please apply online at: cityofpleasantonca.gov THE COMMUNITY One of Northern California's premier residential and business communities, Pleasanton is well regarded as an attractive and friendly city with a strong heritage, active and involved residents, a wide variety of services, well planned business areas, a historic downtown and well- cared for homes in family oriented neighborhoods. TO BE CONSIDERED If you are interested in this outstanding career opportunity, please consider submitting your application and supplemental questionnaire through our online application process at www.cityofpleasantonca. gov. Applications are also available at the Human Resources Department, City of Pleasanton, 123 Main Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Faxes will not be accepted. INTERVIEW SCHEDULE The first round of Oral Board Interviews are scheduled for the week of May 13, 2019. The next round of Oral Board Interviews are scheduled for the week of June 10, 2019. An additional round of Oral Board Interviews are scheduled for the week of July 15, 2019. All dates are subject to change without notice. SELECTION PROCESS Meeting the minimum requirements listed in this job description does not guarantee advancement in subsequent phases of the selection process. The qualifications of each applicant, as set forth in the employment application, will be reviewed. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an oral examination process, which may include practical and written exercises intended to assess the candidate's ability to perform certain duties of the position. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• $44.21 - $53.72 per hour
• Choice of One of Four Comprehensive Health Plans
• Dental and Vision Plan Coverage
• Life Insurance and AD&D Coverage of $50,000
• 7.5% Holiday In-Lieu Pay
• Paid Sick Leave
• Long Term Disability Plan
• Annual Vacation Beginning with 10 Days
• CalPERS Retirement Plan
• P.O.S.T and Education Incentive Pay
• Initial Uniforms Fully Paid and Annual Uniform Allowance All aspects of employment shall be without regard to sex, disability, race, political affiliation, religious creed, natural origin, or age. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled applicants. Candidates will receive all communications by email regarding the recruitment process, which includes, but is not limited to, application status, testing dates, and interview scheduling. If you require an alternate means of communications or any special needs requirements, please contact Human Resources at (925) 931-5048. The Position Police Officers receive excellent training and the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a number of special assignments: Detectives, Motors, S.W.A.T., Narcotics, Juvenile, K-9, D.A.R.E., Bike Patrol, School Resource Officer and Crime Prevention. Pleasanton Police Officers respond to citizens calls for police assistance, enforce applicable laws and ordinances, maintain order in the community and prevent crime. Police Officers provide emergency services, investigate criminal activity, collect and analyze evidence, assist with the prosecution of offenders and prepare reports and other written records as required. The Department is involved in community education and providing police service for special community circumstances.
• High school graduate, or GED equivalent.
• Currently enrolled in a California P.O.S.T certified Basic Academy or Possession of a California P.O.S.T. Academy Certificate issued within the past three years.
• At least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
• Physical abilities consistent with P.O.S.T requirements.
• California Class A, B, or C driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• The ability to retain and recall information read and visually observed.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• The ability to use appropriate judgment in emergency situations. The Pleasanton Police Department's mission is to work in collaboration with our community to protect life and property, while enhancing the quality of life in our City. This shall be accomplished through the creative use of resources, community education and involvement, and interactive problem solving. We will strive to maintain trust, understanding, and mutual respect within our department and our City. The Ideal Candidate
• PROFESSIONALISM As individuals and as an organization, we place high value on honesty, and adhere to the standards embodied by the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.
• COMMITMENT As an organization, we will devote our full energy and resources to fulfill our department's mission.
• PARTNERSHIPS We will work in conjunction with our community to identify needs and devise strategies for crime prevention and problem solving.
• RESPONSIVENESS We will address the needs and concerns brought forth by the community and our organization.
• SAFETY We will pro-actively provide police services through a balance of traditional and contemporary law enforcement practices to enhance the quality of life in our community. The Department Organizational Values
Closing Date/Time: Continuous