DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Health Facilities Inspection Division
12440 E. Imperial Hwy
Norwalk, CA 90650
The Los Angeles County, Health Facilities Inspection Division (HFID) is seeking skilled, resilient and highly motivated Registered Nurse II (RN II) candidates to fill various Health Facilities Evaluator, Nursing (HFEN) positions. This position consists of a Monday through Friday work schedule; weekends and holidays off.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts surveys of hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, clinics and other providers in accordance with State and Federal and local laws, regulations and departmental guidelines by visiting facility, interviewing patients, evaluating the adequacy of patient care through direct observation, inspecting the physical premises, reviewing patient and staff personnel records, and requesting and evaluating reports.
- Participates in reviewing in-depth surveys and inspections of health care facilities and providers to determine total quality care compliance with state licensing and federal certification requirements.
- Reviews, writes or edits for programmatic and technical specifications comprehensive narrative reports of findings.
- Issues citations subject to civil penalties in accordance with appropriate statutory and regulatory provisions.
- Participates in the training of Health Facilities Evaluator Trainees.
Must be a permanent County of Los Angeles employee who holds the payroll title of Health Facilities Evaluator, Nursing or is eligible for administrative reassignment. TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR ADMINISTRATIVE REASSIGNMENT CANDIDATES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse II, including one (1) year of experience in a hospital.LICENSE:
- Current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Current certification in accordance with the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program.
- A valid California Class C Driver License or ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Desire to work with a diverse population.
- Experience and ability to work with all levels of professional staff and community partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Highly organized; ability to perform multiple tasks and establish priorities.
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision, effectively and independently.
- Ability and willingness to drive or utilize an alternative method of transportation to various health facility locations.
All interested employees who currently hold the payroll title of Health Facilities Evaluator, Nursing or are eligible for administrative reassignment
are invited to submit a cover letter, their resume, copies of their last two (2) years performance evaluations and attendance records. This position will be filled as qualified candidates are interviewed.
Interested candidates should email documents to:
Examining and Recruitment UnitEmail:
Candidates interested in this position are restricted from engaging in any outside employment.