DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
District Surveillance and Enforcement Branch/El Monte District Office
1435 West Covina Prkwy
West Covina, CA 91790.
Essential Job Functions
Position allocated to this class reports to the Chief Environmental Health Specialist, and performs a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Conducts routine and follow-up inspections of self-service laundries, pet food stores, theaters, and massage businesses
- Issues violation notices and conducts re-inspections to ascertain compliance with public health regulations
- Performs routine surveys and assists with complex assignments to identify and solve environmental health problems
- Collects payments and issue receipts for public health licenses and permits.
- Assists callers with inquiries and redirects calls to the correct department, agency, district office or Environmental Health program
- Prepares financial transmittals
- Provides information to the public regarding public health laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Files and retrieves inspection reports
- Records messages and complaints from the public
- Inputs data, such as, license/permit accounts and site-specific information
- Completion of Daily Activity Reports and Mileage Activity Reports as directed by supervision
- Assists staff with permit/license payment status information
- Possesses knowledge in community event guidelines to processes event applications and payments
- Attend community event outreach meetings
- Conducts field assessment for condo and swimming pool license ownership
- Conducts inspections for the County tobacco retail license unit
- Pick-up and deliver documents and supplies
- Pursues delinquent permit/license accounts
- Assists as needed in other areas to help in the daily operation of the office
- Performs other duties assigned by Chief, EHS or designee.
- Must have a valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
Must currently be a permanent Los Angeles County employee who holds the payroll title ofEnvironmental Health Technician.
Must have a valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
To be considered email the following information to EHAdminLiaison@ph.lacounty.gov :
- A self-starter;
- Possess effective verbal and writtencommunication skills;
- Able to work independently and as a team-player;
- Have a positive attitude;
- Flexible in handling work assignments
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs).
- Request for Lateral Transfer form
- Last two performance evaluations
- Prime Variance time history report for the last 24 months
Administrative Liaison UnitPhone:
(626) 430-5211 Email: